Wisbech Town Ladies 1-2 March Town Ladies: Barbour’s dream debut fires Hares to win
- Credit: Archant
A brace from debutant Louise Barbour meant March Town Ladies claimed the bragging rights in the Fenland derby last weekend.
The Hares took the short trip to the Elgoods Fenland Stadium to face a Wisbech Town side reeling from an opening day defeat to Ketton.
The hosts raced out of the blocks and took an early lead, but March replied through Barbour’s close-range finish and measured lob minutes later.
Wisbech threw all they had at March in the second period, but Barbour’s brace was enough to give March all three points.
Wisbech have experienced defeat in both of their opening league games, and will hope for a response this Sunday against Netherton United Reserves.
You may also want to watch:
March take on Boston United at the GER.
- 1 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 2 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 3 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 4 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 5 Shoplifter jailed after stealing goods worth £1,600
- 6 'Not a sprint, a marathon' cautions NHS staff in the Fens
- 7 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 8 Crossing company praised for using local workers and suppliers
- 9 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?
- 10 'Physically and mentally exhausted" Matt in plea to find missing beagle