Wisbech Town Ladies 1-2 March Town Ladies: Barbour’s dream debut fires Hares to win
- Credit: Archant
A brace from debutant Louise Barbour meant March Town Ladies claimed the bragging rights in the Fenland derby last weekend.
The Hares took the short trip to the Elgoods Fenland Stadium to face a Wisbech Town side reeling from an opening day defeat to Ketton.
The hosts raced out of the blocks and took an early lead, but March replied through Barbour’s close-range finish and measured lob minutes later.
Wisbech threw all they had at March in the second period, but Barbour’s brace was enough to give March all three points.
Wisbech have experienced defeat in both of their opening league games, and will hope for a response this Sunday against Netherton United Reserves.
You may also want to watch:
March take on Boston United at the GER.
- 1 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 2 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 3 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 4 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 6 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
- 7 March lorry and cyclist collision: Eye-witness saw ‘boy laid in the road’
- 8 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 9 Man killed in Estover Road motorbike crash named by police