Wisbech Town Ladies 1-2 March Town Ladies: Barbour’s dream debut fires Hares to win
- Credit: Archant
A brace from debutant Louise Barbour meant March Town Ladies claimed the bragging rights in the Fenland derby last weekend.
The Hares took the short trip to the Elgoods Fenland Stadium to face a Wisbech Town side reeling from an opening day defeat to Ketton.
The hosts raced out of the blocks and took an early lead, but March replied through Barbour’s close-range finish and measured lob minutes later.
Wisbech threw all they had at March in the second period, but Barbour’s brace was enough to give March all three points.
Wisbech have experienced defeat in both of their opening league games, and will hope for a response this Sunday against Netherton United Reserves.
You may also want to watch:
March take on Boston United at the GER.
- 1 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 2 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 3 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 4 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 5 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 6 Trades group hears of alarming rise in shop worker abuse amid Covid
- 7 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 8 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 9 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal
- 10 Vicar's concerns over 'hugely vulnerable' rough sleepers