Wisbech Town’s 16 goal hot-shot Harry Limb to train with Premier League side Swansea City
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Town’s brightest young talent could be on his way to the Premier League.
Fenmen boss Dick Creasey revealed that teenage hot-shot Harry Limb has been offered the chance to train with Swansea City.
Limb’s performances at United Counties League Premier Division level have captured the attention of a scout for the Welsh club, who is based in this area.
The 17-year-old has been a revelation in his first season as a Wisbech player, scoring 16 goals so far.
Creasey said: “Swansea’s scout has watched Harry two-or-three times and the club asked our permission to have a look at him for a week.
You may also want to watch:
“That could happen as early as next week and there would be no-one happier than myself if he could earn a move to that level of football.
“We’re delighted with what he has done for us. He has scored a lot of goals in a tough league and that’s no mean feat for a lad who has only just turned 17.
- 1 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 2 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 3 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 4 'Big red key' used by cops in dawn raid on suspected drug dealers
- 5 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 6 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 7 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 8 Dad of two killed on Fen road
- 9 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home
- 10 Pedestrian dies at scene of crash
“Spending time at Swansea will be a great experience for him and I’m sure that everyone connected to Wisbech Town hopes it goes well.”
If Limb impresses in South Wales, he could leap a staggering nine levels up the football ladder.
Limb is from the Lincolnshire village of Old Leake and previously played for Boston United.
He was part of the Pilgrims’ youth set-up for several years and made a handful of senior appearances as a substitute in National League North before joining Wisbech in the summer.
Limb is not the only Wisbech man in demand. Winger Billy Smith has turned down a move to higher-level AFC Rushden & Diamonds.