Wisbech Town’s teenage hot-shot Harry Limb set for higher-level move this week
- Credit: Archant
Dick Creasey has all but confirmed that teenage starlet Harry Limb will leave Wisbech Town for a higher-level club.
Limb, who has found the net 18 times this season, spent a week with Premier League Swansea City earlier this month and has also attracted interest from top-flight champions Leicester City and League One clubs MK Dons and Peterborough United.
And while Fenmen boss Creasey remained tight-lipped as to Limb’s destination, he revealed that the 17-year-old is set for a big move after Wisbech’s 3-1 win over Rothwell Corinthians on Saturday.
“We’re closer to something happening,” he told the club’s YouTube channel.
“Whether that’s good news for Wisbech Town or good news for Harry, I don’t know.
You may also want to watch:
“I think we’ll have something to announce within the week. We’ve kept things under wraps with the boy but at this moment in time he’s still our player.
“We’ll see what develops over the next few days and all I can say is were working within the best interest of our club and Harry Limb.
- 1 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 2 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 3 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 4 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 5 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 6 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 7 'Not a sprint, a marathon' cautions NHS staff in the Fens
- 8 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 9 Man sentenced for carrying knife after 'someone threatened'
- 10 Crossing company praised for using local workers and suppliers
“The boy has been fantastic for us. We can’t forget that he’s 17, he came to us as a 16-year-old boy and he wants to progress in the game.
“There’s no way we’ll ever stop him doing that. What we’ve got to do is make sure the deal and the move he makes is the right one for the boy.”