Wisbech Town’s teenage hot-shot Harry Limb set for higher-level move this week
- Credit: Archant
Dick Creasey has all but confirmed that teenage starlet Harry Limb will leave Wisbech Town for a higher-level club.
Limb, who has found the net 18 times this season, spent a week with Premier League Swansea City earlier this month and has also attracted interest from top-flight champions Leicester City and League One clubs MK Dons and Peterborough United.
And while Fenmen boss Creasey remained tight-lipped as to Limb’s destination, he revealed that the 17-year-old is set for a big move after Wisbech’s 3-1 win over Rothwell Corinthians on Saturday.
“We’re closer to something happening,” he told the club’s YouTube channel.
“Whether that’s good news for Wisbech Town or good news for Harry, I don’t know.
You may also want to watch:
“I think we’ll have something to announce within the week. We’ve kept things under wraps with the boy but at this moment in time he’s still our player.
“We’ll see what develops over the next few days and all I can say is were working within the best interest of our club and Harry Limb.
- 1 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal
- 2 Long-serving work couple leaving Fens for Nigeria to build care home
- 3 Cheers to that! Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 5 Aldi invites the public to share their views on new Whittlesey store
- 6 Burglar's DNA linked to break in at Ramsey Royal British Legion Club
- 7 Primary school joins laureate's £100m-a-year bid to boost libraries
- 8 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 9 Council removes anti-Semitic graffiti in Ely
- 10 ‘Numerous’ number plate thefts reported to police across region
“The boy has been fantastic for us. We can’t forget that he’s 17, he came to us as a 16-year-old boy and he wants to progress in the game.
“There’s no way we’ll ever stop him doing that. What we’ve got to do is make sure the deal and the move he makes is the right one for the boy.”