Wisbech Town stretch unbeaten run to six games with 2-0 win over 10-man Seasiders
WISBECH Town hauled themselves to within three points of third-placed Brantham Athletic with a 2-0 victory over 10-man Felixstowe & Walton United.
The Fenmen, who face Brantham on the final day of the season on April 28, scored a penalty and missed another in Saturday’s trip to the Seasiders.
Chris Bacon missed from the spot but, when a second penalty was awarded and a Felixstowe player sent off, Adam Millson made no mistake.
Ollie Pinner was also on target for the Fenmen, who have three games remaining in the Ridgeons Premier Division.
Wisbech host Wroxham, who confirmed themselves as champions with a 2-0 win over Haverhill at the weekend, tomorrow (Tuesday) night.
You may also want to watch:
The Fenmen have won their last three games and are now unbeaten in six.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
- 4 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 5 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 6 Dad has 'much more energy to run around' with son after losing four stone
- 7 MP wants an end to floods misery in the Fens
- 8 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 9 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 10 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer