Wisbech upset Peterborough to make Twenty20 cup semi final
- Credit: Archant
WISBECH Cricket Club upset holders Peterborough Town to move into the semi finals of the Twenty20 Jaidka Cup last night.
They came out on top in a low scoring thriller by three runs and will travel to Castor in the next round on Wednesday.
Wisbech batted first and made a modest 117-9 but an outstanding team bowling performance restricted the much vaunted Peterborough batting lineup to 114-9.
For Wisbech skipper Alan Burton, who was playing against his former club, it was a particularly sweet victory.
Burton said: “There was a lot of banter flying around so it was very pleasing to win.
“I did not think we had enough runs but the team bowled and fielded exceptionally well.
Burton believes his side has what it takes to win in cup.
- 1 Recap: Main road through Wisbech town centre shut after serious crash
- 2 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 3 Fenland Farmers Tractor Run 2022 to raise money for MAGPAS
- 4 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 5 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 6 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
- 7 Middlesbrough couple found in Cambs with drugs worth around £37,000
- 8 Drink-drivers banned off the roads after being caught in March and Wisbech
- 9 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 10 First episode of tractor TV show features farmer in Cambridgeshire
He said: “We have beaten the strongest team in the competition so I’m confident we can go all the way.”