Wisbech upset Peterborough to make Twenty20 cup semi final
- Credit: Archant
WISBECH Cricket Club upset holders Peterborough Town to move into the semi finals of the Twenty20 Jaidka Cup last night.
They came out on top in a low scoring thriller by three runs and will travel to Castor in the next round on Wednesday.
Wisbech batted first and made a modest 117-9 but an outstanding team bowling performance restricted the much vaunted Peterborough batting lineup to 114-9.
For Wisbech skipper Alan Burton, who was playing against his former club, it was a particularly sweet victory.
Burton said: “There was a lot of banter flying around so it was very pleasing to win.
You may also want to watch:
“I did not think we had enough runs but the team bowled and fielded exceptionally well.
Burton believes his side has what it takes to win in cup.
- 1 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 2 Work starts on £3.16m apprenticeship training school
- 3 Stunning drone footage shows prom night in all its glory
- 4 'Panicked' dangerous driver apologises after 90mph police pursuit
- 5 Pub car park approved despite 13 residents' noise concerns
- 6 Yard sale raises over £1,400 from second annual event
- 7 Theatre group stalwart steps down after nine years
- 8 Health chief’s stark warning: ‘The virus doesn’t care we changed the rules’
- 9 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 10 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
He said: “We have beaten the strongest team in the competition so I’m confident we can go all the way.”