Isaac's magic gives Wisbech a happy reunion
- Credit: Wisbech Rugby Club
Wisbech’s first league meeting with Norwich Union since 2003 ended in jubilation for the Men in Red thanks to a supreme display.
Centre James Napier crossed to open the scoring for Wisbech, before they extended their lead through Raimondas Vinksna and Harry Holmes on Saturday.
Norwich did reply, but Isaia Baro finished a well-worked move for the hosts to secure a bonus point.
Baro added to his tally after half-time while Isaac Tunikula, who scored twice, and Solomon Prestidge got on the scoresheet.
Holmes completed his own brace and as Norwich pressured, Sam Anderson landed the final points of the game to round off a 67-10 victory in the London 3 Eastern Counties League.
Isaac Tunikula was named the Wisbech Round Table man of the match for the hosts, who visit Ely this Saturday, 3pm.
Wisbech under 9s-10s squad travelled to Peterborough RFC and St Neots on November 14.
- 1 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 2 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 3 Village life, magistrate in court for failing to clear snow and forced landing
- 4 Motorcyclist, 32, injured after A605 crash
- 5 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 6 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 7 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council
- 8 Police shut off A605 after 'single vehicle' crash
- 9 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 10 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall
Both teams worked hard, showed team spirit and deserve praise for adapting to the artificial surface and touch rugby rules.