Wisbech Wildcats roar into Junior County Cup quarter finals
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Wildcats made it to the quarter finals of the Junior County Cup with a commanding 67–22 victory over Wendens Ambo.
Prop James Bostock, hooker Nattachit Hunt and Skippy Parsons stood out in a dominating pack of forwards that were able to give the quick Wisbech backs ample front foot ball to attack with wing Albert Smith showing his pace scoring four tries.
Lapses of concentration and lack of discipline allowed Wendens Ambo to get into the game with some tries of their own in the first half.
The Wildcats asserted their dominance in the second half to score some well worked backs tries.
Nick Thompsett scored a hat-trick, Skippy Parsons bagged a brace, as did Craig Ruerrr in only his second match for the club.
You may also want to watch:
Will Boreham put in a commanding performance in the ten shirt but man of the match was awarded to centre Dan Roberts who was instrumental in setting up a number of the tries and marshalling the defence.
The Wildcats play Sawston RUFC in the quarter finals at home on the November 28.
- 1 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 2 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 3 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 5 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 6 9 never to be forgotten moments from Cambridgeshire politicians
- 7 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 8 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 9 Motor cyclist killed in March crash
- 10 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom