Wisbech Wildcats roar into Junior County Cup quarter finals
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Wildcats made it to the quarter finals of the Junior County Cup with a commanding 67–22 victory over Wendens Ambo.
Prop James Bostock, hooker Nattachit Hunt and Skippy Parsons stood out in a dominating pack of forwards that were able to give the quick Wisbech backs ample front foot ball to attack with wing Albert Smith showing his pace scoring four tries.
Lapses of concentration and lack of discipline allowed Wendens Ambo to get into the game with some tries of their own in the first half.
The Wildcats asserted their dominance in the second half to score some well worked backs tries.
Nick Thompsett scored a hat-trick, Skippy Parsons bagged a brace, as did Craig Ruerrr in only his second match for the club.
You may also want to watch:
Will Boreham put in a commanding performance in the ten shirt but man of the match was awarded to centre Dan Roberts who was instrumental in setting up a number of the tries and marshalling the defence.
The Wildcats play Sawston RUFC in the quarter finals at home on the November 28.
- 1 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 2 Neighbours want council to call time on off-licence
- 3 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 4 Fishing park owners await green light to open third lake
- 5 No queue as vaccinations for 500 patients in a day begin
- 6 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 7 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47
- 8 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 9 Driver bids to drift towards fruitful career with national success
- 10 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager