Wisbech Wildcats roar into Junior County Cup quarter finals
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Wildcats made it to the quarter finals of the Junior County Cup with a commanding 67–22 victory over Wendens Ambo.
Prop James Bostock, hooker Nattachit Hunt and Skippy Parsons stood out in a dominating pack of forwards that were able to give the quick Wisbech backs ample front foot ball to attack with wing Albert Smith showing his pace scoring four tries.
Lapses of concentration and lack of discipline allowed Wendens Ambo to get into the game with some tries of their own in the first half.
The Wildcats asserted their dominance in the second half to score some well worked backs tries.
Nick Thompsett scored a hat-trick, Skippy Parsons bagged a brace, as did Craig Ruerrr in only his second match for the club.
You may also want to watch:
Will Boreham put in a commanding performance in the ten shirt but man of the match was awarded to centre Dan Roberts who was instrumental in setting up a number of the tries and marshalling the defence.
The Wildcats play Sawston RUFC in the quarter finals at home on the November 28.
- 1 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 2 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 3 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 4 MP praises 'fantastic' vaccine team after having Covid-19 jab
- 5 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 6 Man who died in road crash is named
- 7 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 8 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
- 9 Matilda, 9, sold her dolls to raise money for charity close to her heart
- 10 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’