Rugby: Wisbech youngsters impress
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech under-15s ran out 40-5 winners over Norwich Crusaders in a tactical battle.
They led 21-0 at the break as great lines and quick hands saw them pin their rivals back.
And although Crusaders hit back during a dominant spell in the second half, Wisbech would not be denied.
Scrum-half Josh Sandall shone, while fly-half Jacob Gent landed five of the six conversions.
Reece Brighty impressed in attack, while full-back Will Paul took the man of the match award.
You may also want to watch:
The under-11s took on Swaffham for the first time at Gaircroft Road and, after a shaky start, produced some great play.
Excellent tackles produced turnover ball, which led to some good running plays.
- 1 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
- 2 Green light for off-licence despite objections
- 3 'Eccentric traveller' to ride Penny-Farthing from London to Paris
- 4 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs this year
- 5 Council chief executive accused of 'indifference' over Covid-19 response
- 6 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 7 All staff and residents at Chatteris care home now vaccinated against Covid
- 8 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 9 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 10 Have your say on Mepal crematorium plans - but be quick
And after holding a slender lead at the interval, the Wisbech youngsters used fresh legs in the second half and, showing more belief in their abilities, were able to pull clear to claim a deserved 8-4 win.