Rugby: Wisbech youngsters impress
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech under-15s ran out 40-5 winners over Norwich Crusaders in a tactical battle.
They led 21-0 at the break as great lines and quick hands saw them pin their rivals back.
And although Crusaders hit back during a dominant spell in the second half, Wisbech would not be denied.
Scrum-half Josh Sandall shone, while fly-half Jacob Gent landed five of the six conversions.
Reece Brighty impressed in attack, while full-back Will Paul took the man of the match award.
The under-11s took on Swaffham for the first time at Gaircroft Road and, after a shaky start, produced some great play.
Excellent tackles produced turnover ball, which led to some good running plays.
- 1 56-bed care home backers revise access proposals
- 2 Council to spend a penny or two from £8.4m 'pot' on new loos
- 3 Farmer wins appeal to convert derelict barn into a house
- 4 Seven places where £4.9m road maintenance has been approved
- 5 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 6 Jail for paedophile who photographed abuse
- 7 Knife attack man hid over £3,500 of drugs at mum's home
- 8 Footballer, Harry, hoping for future in professional football
- 9 Depleted villagers battle on in courageous defeat
- 10 £4,000 raised for Natalie to live her dreams after cancer diagnosis
And after holding a slender lead at the interval, the Wisbech youngsters used fresh legs in the second half and, showing more belief in their abilities, were able to pull clear to claim a deserved 8-4 win.