Rugby: Wisbech youngsters impress
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech under-15s ran out 40-5 winners over Norwich Crusaders in a tactical battle.
They led 21-0 at the break as great lines and quick hands saw them pin their rivals back.
And although Crusaders hit back during a dominant spell in the second half, Wisbech would not be denied.
Scrum-half Josh Sandall shone, while fly-half Jacob Gent landed five of the six conversions.
Reece Brighty impressed in attack, while full-back Will Paul took the man of the match award.
You may also want to watch:
The under-11s took on Swaffham for the first time at Gaircroft Road and, after a shaky start, produced some great play.
Excellent tackles produced turnover ball, which led to some good running plays.
- 1 Watch the moment E-scooter rider, 16, narrowly misses crashing into bus
- 2 Mobile upgrade work may cause TV interference
- 3 Rob's 'walk of thanks' for Magpas Air Ambulance
- 4 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 5 Depleted Bears fight back to earn friendly victory
- 6 Drug dealing pair caught thanks to eagle-eyed neighbours
- 7 MP the “most handsome and kindest member of the government’
- 8 Covid-19 job loss prompts Martin to launch out on his own
- 9 Plea to council to halt £6.5m crematorium plan
- 10 ‘Enough is enough’ says MP at the scene of drink drive crash
And after holding a slender lead at the interval, the Wisbech youngsters used fresh legs in the second half and, showing more belief in their abilities, were able to pull clear to claim a deserved 8-4 win.