Rugby: Wisbech youngsters impress
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech under-15s ran out 40-5 winners over Norwich Crusaders in a tactical battle.
They led 21-0 at the break as great lines and quick hands saw them pin their rivals back.
And although Crusaders hit back during a dominant spell in the second half, Wisbech would not be denied.
Scrum-half Josh Sandall shone, while fly-half Jacob Gent landed five of the six conversions.
Reece Brighty impressed in attack, while full-back Will Paul took the man of the match award.
The under-11s took on Swaffham for the first time at Gaircroft Road and, after a shaky start, produced some great play.
Excellent tackles produced turnover ball, which led to some good running plays.
- 1 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
- 2 Honda, Seat and Toyota crash on A141
- 3 Chapel conversion withdrawn following stinging rebuke
- 4 Doddington Minor Injuries Unit to temporarily close
- 5 Dealer responsible for £500k worth of drugs caught
- 6 Developer going flat out to convert former post office
- 7 Hospitals raise car parking costs for first time in six years
- 8 Captured Cambridgeshire man 'charged with mercenary activities' by Russia
- 9 Man charged with attempted murder as stab victim is found
- 10 Man dies after van and lorry crash on A141
And after holding a slender lead at the interval, the Wisbech youngsters used fresh legs in the second half and, showing more belief in their abilities, were able to pull clear to claim a deserved 8-4 win.