Woeful weekend for Cambs darts team as Cheshire hand out 31-8 thumping
IT was a miserable weekend for Cambridgeshire’s darts team who slumped to one of the worst defeats in their history against mid-table rivals Cheshire.
The county’s nightmare performance resulted in a 31-8 defeat with only a handful of players finding a foothold in their matches.
Nadine Bentley was the only player to win a match for the ladies ‘B’ team, while Claire Ball was the only member of the ladies ‘A’ team to taste success.
The men didn’t fare much better with only Martin Kingsley, Neil Bunten, Garry Kilpatrick, Dennis Harbour, Bill Richards and Ian Brand able to win matches.
Cambridgeshire sit in seventh place of the Premier Division, with one nerve-wracking match against high-flying Essex still to play.
You may also want to watch:
This weekend will see Cambridgeshire represented at the 2011 British Internationals in Fleetwood, Lancashire.
Sandra Greatbatch - the second-highest capped lady in darts - will represent Wales, while Martin ‘Wolfie’ Adams will once again captain England, extending his appearance record of 85 caps in the process.
- 1 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 2 Suspected drink-driver, 41, arrested after tip-off from resident
- 3 Man who died in road crash is named
- 4 Police thank eagle-eyed motorist for being ‘right place, right time’
- 5 DJ, 11, branded 'an inspiration' after winning top award
- 6 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 7 Photographer amazed by praise thanks to stunning images of space
- 8 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 9 Entrepreneurs’ lockdown invention wins big at London competition
- 10 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre