Woeful weekend for Cambs darts team as Cheshire hand out 31-8 thumping
IT was a miserable weekend for Cambridgeshire’s darts team who slumped to one of the worst defeats in their history against mid-table rivals Cheshire.
The county’s nightmare performance resulted in a 31-8 defeat with only a handful of players finding a foothold in their matches.
Nadine Bentley was the only player to win a match for the ladies ‘B’ team, while Claire Ball was the only member of the ladies ‘A’ team to taste success.
The men didn’t fare much better with only Martin Kingsley, Neil Bunten, Garry Kilpatrick, Dennis Harbour, Bill Richards and Ian Brand able to win matches.
Cambridgeshire sit in seventh place of the Premier Division, with one nerve-wracking match against high-flying Essex still to play.
You may also want to watch:
This weekend will see Cambridgeshire represented at the 2011 British Internationals in Fleetwood, Lancashire.
Sandra Greatbatch - the second-highest capped lady in darts - will represent Wales, while Martin ‘Wolfie’ Adams will once again captain England, extending his appearance record of 85 caps in the process.
- 1 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 2 Work starts on £3.16m apprenticeship training school
- 3 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 4 Theatre group stalwart steps down after nine years
- 5 Yard sale raises over £1,400 from second annual event
- 6 Health chief’s stark warning: ‘The virus doesn’t care we changed the rules’
- 7 'Panicked' dangerous driver apologised after 90mph police pursuit
- 8 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 9 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 10 Medieval pottery unearthed at Cambs campsite