Woeful weekend for Cambs darts team as Cheshire hand out 31-8 thumping
IT was a miserable weekend for Cambridgeshire’s darts team who slumped to one of the worst defeats in their history against mid-table rivals Cheshire.
The county’s nightmare performance resulted in a 31-8 defeat with only a handful of players finding a foothold in their matches.
Nadine Bentley was the only player to win a match for the ladies ‘B’ team, while Claire Ball was the only member of the ladies ‘A’ team to taste success.
The men didn’t fare much better with only Martin Kingsley, Neil Bunten, Garry Kilpatrick, Dennis Harbour, Bill Richards and Ian Brand able to win matches.
Cambridgeshire sit in seventh place of the Premier Division, with one nerve-wracking match against high-flying Essex still to play.
You may also want to watch:
This weekend will see Cambridgeshire represented at the 2011 British Internationals in Fleetwood, Lancashire.
Sandra Greatbatch - the second-highest capped lady in darts - will represent Wales, while Martin ‘Wolfie’ Adams will once again captain England, extending his appearance record of 85 caps in the process.
- 1 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 2 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 3 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 4 'Big red key' used by cops in dawn raid on suspected drug dealers
- 5 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 6 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 7 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 8 Dad of two killed on Fen road
- 9 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home
- 10 Tributes to 'loving, kind family man' and community stalwart