WOMEN’S FOOTBALL: Hodges’ double helps March Town Ladies secure hard-fought victory
- Credit: Archant
March Town Ladies got back to winning ways in the S-Tech Championship North Division thanks to a hard-fought 2-1 victory over mid-table side Ketton Town last weekend.
The Hares bounced back from their 4-2 defeat to Swineshead – their first loss of the season – with a narrow victory which saw Livvi Hodges net both goals to take her tally to eight goals in just four games.
March deservedly took the lead after half an hour after Hodges took control of an excellent Adele Munday through ball to round the ‘keeper and slot home, but visitors Ketton levelled just five minutes later with a well-taken strike.
Tor Sharpe then kept the scores level with a superb save, before Hodges notched her second with an arrowed shot from close range.
Victory for March sees them go six points clear at the league’s summit with four games to go.
You may also want to watch:
That run begins on Sunday afternoon with a trip to P&L Motors Diamonds (2pm).
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 4 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 5 Residents urged to take twice-weekly rapid Covid-19 tests
- 6 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 7 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 8 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 9 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 10 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo