WOMEN’S FOOTBALL: Hodges’ double helps March Town Ladies secure hard-fought victory
- Credit: Archant
March Town Ladies got back to winning ways in the S-Tech Championship North Division thanks to a hard-fought 2-1 victory over mid-table side Ketton Town last weekend.
The Hares bounced back from their 4-2 defeat to Swineshead – their first loss of the season – with a narrow victory which saw Livvi Hodges net both goals to take her tally to eight goals in just four games.
March deservedly took the lead after half an hour after Hodges took control of an excellent Adele Munday through ball to round the ‘keeper and slot home, but visitors Ketton levelled just five minutes later with a well-taken strike.
Tor Sharpe then kept the scores level with a superb save, before Hodges notched her second with an arrowed shot from close range.
Victory for March sees them go six points clear at the league’s summit with four games to go.
That run begins on Sunday afternoon with a trip to P&L Motors Diamonds (2pm).
- 1 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 2 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 3 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 4 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 5 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 6 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 7 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 8 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 9 Could you give these pets a home?
- 10 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road