WOMEN’S FOOTBALL: Hodges’ double helps March Town Ladies secure hard-fought victory
- Credit: Archant
March Town Ladies got back to winning ways in the S-Tech Championship North Division thanks to a hard-fought 2-1 victory over mid-table side Ketton Town last weekend.
The Hares bounced back from their 4-2 defeat to Swineshead – their first loss of the season – with a narrow victory which saw Livvi Hodges net both goals to take her tally to eight goals in just four games.
March deservedly took the lead after half an hour after Hodges took control of an excellent Adele Munday through ball to round the ‘keeper and slot home, but visitors Ketton levelled just five minutes later with a well-taken strike.
Tor Sharpe then kept the scores level with a superb save, before Hodges notched her second with an arrowed shot from close range.
Victory for March sees them go six points clear at the league’s summit with four games to go.
You may also want to watch:
That run begins on Sunday afternoon with a trip to P&L Motors Diamonds (2pm).
- 1 Girl, 15, in late night stand-off with train on rural line
- 2 Pupils thrilled to take next step towards England dream
- 3 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 4 ‘Shovel-ready’ mayor brings key schemes back from the brink
- 5 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 6 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 7 What are the outstanding and good schools in Cambridgeshire?
- 8 Rainbow alliance hoping to bring sunshine to the Fens
- 9 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 10 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title