WOMEN’S FOOTBALL: Hodges’ double helps March Town Ladies secure hard-fought victory
- Credit: Archant
March Town Ladies got back to winning ways in the S-Tech Championship North Division thanks to a hard-fought 2-1 victory over mid-table side Ketton Town last weekend.
The Hares bounced back from their 4-2 defeat to Swineshead – their first loss of the season – with a narrow victory which saw Livvi Hodges net both goals to take her tally to eight goals in just four games.
March deservedly took the lead after half an hour after Hodges took control of an excellent Adele Munday through ball to round the ‘keeper and slot home, but visitors Ketton levelled just five minutes later with a well-taken strike.
Tor Sharpe then kept the scores level with a superb save, before Hodges notched her second with an arrowed shot from close range.
Victory for March sees them go six points clear at the league’s summit with four games to go.
You may also want to watch:
That run begins on Sunday afternoon with a trip to P&L Motors Diamonds (2pm).
- 1 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 2 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 3 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 6 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 7 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 8 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 9 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 10 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road