WOMEN’S FOOTBALL: Hodges’ double helps March Town Ladies secure hard-fought victory
- Credit: Archant
March Town Ladies got back to winning ways in the S-Tech Championship North Division thanks to a hard-fought 2-1 victory over mid-table side Ketton Town last weekend.
The Hares bounced back from their 4-2 defeat to Swineshead – their first loss of the season – with a narrow victory which saw Livvi Hodges net both goals to take her tally to eight goals in just four games.
March deservedly took the lead after half an hour after Hodges took control of an excellent Adele Munday through ball to round the ‘keeper and slot home, but visitors Ketton levelled just five minutes later with a well-taken strike.
Tor Sharpe then kept the scores level with a superb save, before Hodges notched her second with an arrowed shot from close range.
Victory for March sees them go six points clear at the league’s summit with four games to go.
You may also want to watch:
That run begins on Sunday afternoon with a trip to P&L Motors Diamonds (2pm).
- 1 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
- 2 'Eccentric traveller' to ride Penny-Farthing from London to Paris
- 3 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs this year
- 4 Green light for off-licence despite objections
- 5 Council chief executive accused of 'indifference' over Covid-19 response
- 6 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 7 All staff and residents at Chatteris care home now vaccinated against Covid
- 8 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 9 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 10 Have your say on Mepal crematorium plans - but be quick