WOMEN’S FOOTBALL: Livvi Hodges hits four as March Town extend their lead at the top of the table
- Credit: Archant
March Town Ladies extended their lead at the top of the S-Tech North League to seven points after coming out on top in a 10-goal thriller last Sunday.
Livvi Hodges got the local lasses off to a flier with a goal after just two minutes but opponents Swineshead levelled soon after.
Hodges notched a second with five minutes to play in the first half but March were pegged back again and the sides went into the break level.
The hosts then turned the game on its head by taking the lead, but Hodges secured her hat-trick to even matters.
The Hares then kicked into gear and Hodges added a fourth, before substitute Gemma Ramsey rifled in a superb goal to give March a two-goal advantage.
You may also want to watch:
Shannon Kelly added her name to the score sheet with a penalty after a handball, and Pollyanna Harvey headed home to bring the afternoon’s tally to 10 overall.
Swineshead will hope for revenge when the reverse tie takes place this Sunday at the GER (2pm).
- 1 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 2 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 3 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 4 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 5 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 6 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 7 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 8 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 9 'Not a sprint, a marathon' cautions NHS staff in the Fens
- 10 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road