WOMEN’S FOOTBALL: Livvi Hodges hits four as March Town extend their lead at the top of the table
- Credit: Archant
March Town Ladies extended their lead at the top of the S-Tech North League to seven points after coming out on top in a 10-goal thriller last Sunday.
Livvi Hodges got the local lasses off to a flier with a goal after just two minutes but opponents Swineshead levelled soon after.
Hodges notched a second with five minutes to play in the first half but March were pegged back again and the sides went into the break level.
The hosts then turned the game on its head by taking the lead, but Hodges secured her hat-trick to even matters.
The Hares then kicked into gear and Hodges added a fourth, before substitute Gemma Ramsey rifled in a superb goal to give March a two-goal advantage.
You may also want to watch:
Shannon Kelly added her name to the score sheet with a penalty after a handball, and Pollyanna Harvey headed home to bring the afternoon’s tally to 10 overall.
Swineshead will hope for revenge when the reverse tie takes place this Sunday at the GER (2pm).
- 1 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 2 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 3 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 5 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 6 March lorry and cyclist collision: Eye-witness saw ‘boy laid in the road’
- 7 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 8 Man killed in Estover Road motorbike crash named by police
- 9 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 10 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors