WOMEN’S FOOTBALL: Livvi Hodges hits four as March Town extend their lead at the top of the table
- Credit: Archant
March Town Ladies extended their lead at the top of the S-Tech North League to seven points after coming out on top in a 10-goal thriller last Sunday.
Livvi Hodges got the local lasses off to a flier with a goal after just two minutes but opponents Swineshead levelled soon after.
Hodges notched a second with five minutes to play in the first half but March were pegged back again and the sides went into the break level.
The hosts then turned the game on its head by taking the lead, but Hodges secured her hat-trick to even matters.
The Hares then kicked into gear and Hodges added a fourth, before substitute Gemma Ramsey rifled in a superb goal to give March a two-goal advantage.
You may also want to watch:
Shannon Kelly added her name to the score sheet with a penalty after a handball, and Pollyanna Harvey headed home to bring the afternoon’s tally to 10 overall.
Swineshead will hope for revenge when the reverse tie takes place this Sunday at the GER (2pm).
- 1 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 2 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 3 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 4 Trades group hears of alarming rise in shop worker abuse amid Covid
- 5 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 6 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal
- 7 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 8 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 9 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 10 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down