WOMEN’S FOOTBALL: March Town Ladies celebrate promotion with end-of-season awards night
- Credit: Archant
March Town Ladies celebrated a season of success with an end-of-season awards ceremony last weekend.
The Hares clinched promotion to the Cambs Premiership thanks to an impressive campaign which saw win 12 of their 16 matches to top the standings by six points.Kayleigh Churchard won most improved player, Shannon Kelly was given the captain’s player of the season award, Claire Newton won players’ player, manager’s player of the season went to Sydney Davis and March’s sponsor’s player of the season was awarded to goalkeeper Tori Sharpe.
There were also awards for Emma Frost for topping the goal scoring charts and captain Jade Pointer, who won the most player of the match votes throughout the season.
Manager Gary Davis said: “It has been a successful season but one that has also been tinged with sadness as Jade is retiring.
“The team were proud to ensure that her last season was a successful one. Everyone at the club has thanked her for her commitment and performances and we hope she remains involved with the team.”
You may also want to watch:
• The Hares are now looking for players to bolster their squad for the 2017/18 season. For more information, call 07824 337771.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 2 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 3 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
- 4 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 5 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 6 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 7 Prison sentence for man who brutally attacked his partner
- 8 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 9 Tory jubilation short-lived in Fenland as they lose control of county council
- 10 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met