WOMEN’S FOOTBALL: March Town Ladies celebrate promotion with end-of-season awards night
- Credit: Archant
March Town Ladies celebrated a season of success with an end-of-season awards ceremony last weekend.
The Hares clinched promotion to the Cambs Premiership thanks to an impressive campaign which saw win 12 of their 16 matches to top the standings by six points.Kayleigh Churchard won most improved player, Shannon Kelly was given the captain’s player of the season award, Claire Newton won players’ player, manager’s player of the season went to Sydney Davis and March’s sponsor’s player of the season was awarded to goalkeeper Tori Sharpe.
There were also awards for Emma Frost for topping the goal scoring charts and captain Jade Pointer, who won the most player of the match votes throughout the season.
Manager Gary Davis said: “It has been a successful season but one that has also been tinged with sadness as Jade is retiring.
“The team were proud to ensure that her last season was a successful one. Everyone at the club has thanked her for her commitment and performances and we hope she remains involved with the team.”
You may also want to watch:
• The Hares are now looking for players to bolster their squad for the 2017/18 season. For more information, call 07824 337771.
- 1 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 2 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 3 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
- 4 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 6 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 7 March lorry and cyclist collision: Eye-witness saw ‘boy laid in the road’
- 8 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 9 Live updates as cyclist is ‘hit by lorry’ near March secondary school