WOMEN’S FOOTBALL: March Town Ladies clinch S-Tech Championship North title
- Credit: Archant
March Town Ladies sealed the S-Tech Women’s Championship North title on Sunday afternoon – without kicking a ball.
The Hares were due to take on Thurlby Tigers at the GER but were awarded the three points they needed to clinch promotion to the Premier Division as the Tigers couldn’t raise a side.
March will now join fellow Fenland side Park Ladies in the county’s top division, and manager Gary Davis says it is a proud moment for everyone involved at the club.
“I’m extremely proud of the team’s achievements this season,” he said.
“We have only lost once in the league and have had some great results and performances.
You may also want to watch:
“We have a fantastic bunch of committed players with a great team spirit. With March Town Reserves also gaining promotion, it has been a strong season for the Hares to build on.”
The Hares will look to celebrate their title success with a win at Boston United this Sunday (2pm), before they conclude their season at home to P&L Motor Diamonds at the GER on May 21.
- 1 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 2 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 3 'Big red key' used by cops in dawn raid on suspected drug dealers
- 4 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 5 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 6 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 7 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 8 Artist impressions of how Mepal will be transformed into a £6.5m crematorium
- 9 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home
- 10 Coronavirus test centre staff ‘receive abuse’ from angry motorists