WOMEN’S FOOTBALL: March Town Ladies clinch S-Tech Championship North title
- Credit: Archant
March Town Ladies sealed the S-Tech Women’s Championship North title on Sunday afternoon – without kicking a ball.
The Hares were due to take on Thurlby Tigers at the GER but were awarded the three points they needed to clinch promotion to the Premier Division as the Tigers couldn’t raise a side.
March will now join fellow Fenland side Park Ladies in the county’s top division, and manager Gary Davis says it is a proud moment for everyone involved at the club.
“I’m extremely proud of the team’s achievements this season,” he said.
“We have only lost once in the league and have had some great results and performances.
You may also want to watch:
“We have a fantastic bunch of committed players with a great team spirit. With March Town Reserves also gaining promotion, it has been a strong season for the Hares to build on.”
The Hares will look to celebrate their title success with a win at Boston United this Sunday (2pm), before they conclude their season at home to P&L Motor Diamonds at the GER on May 21.
- 1 Girl, 15, in late night stand-off with train on rural line
- 2 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 3 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 4 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 5 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed
- 6 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 7 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 8 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 9 ‘Shovel-ready’ mayor brings key schemes back from the brink
- 10 Pupils thrilled to take next step towards England dream