WOMEN’S FOOTBALL: March Town Ladies clinch S-Tech Championship North title
- Credit: Archant
March Town Ladies sealed the S-Tech Women’s Championship North title on Sunday afternoon – without kicking a ball.
The Hares were due to take on Thurlby Tigers at the GER but were awarded the three points they needed to clinch promotion to the Premier Division as the Tigers couldn’t raise a side.
March will now join fellow Fenland side Park Ladies in the county’s top division, and manager Gary Davis says it is a proud moment for everyone involved at the club.
“I’m extremely proud of the team’s achievements this season,” he said.
“We have only lost once in the league and have had some great results and performances.
“We have a fantastic bunch of committed players with a great team spirit. With March Town Reserves also gaining promotion, it has been a strong season for the Hares to build on.”
The Hares will look to celebrate their title success with a win at Boston United this Sunday (2pm), before they conclude their season at home to P&L Motor Diamonds at the GER on May 21.
- 1 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 2 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 3 Motorcyclist, 32, injured after A605 crash
- 4 Village life, magistrate in court for failing to clear snow and forced landing
- 5 Police shut off A605 after 'single vehicle' crash
- 6 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 7 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?
- 8 Convenience store transformed thanks to £116k facelift
- 9 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 10 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge