WOMEN’S FOOTBALL: March Town Ladies clinch S-Tech Championship North title
- Credit: Archant
March Town Ladies sealed the S-Tech Women’s Championship North title on Sunday afternoon – without kicking a ball.
The Hares were due to take on Thurlby Tigers at the GER but were awarded the three points they needed to clinch promotion to the Premier Division as the Tigers couldn’t raise a side.
March will now join fellow Fenland side Park Ladies in the county’s top division, and manager Gary Davis says it is a proud moment for everyone involved at the club.
“I’m extremely proud of the team’s achievements this season,” he said.
“We have only lost once in the league and have had some great results and performances.
You may also want to watch:
“We have a fantastic bunch of committed players with a great team spirit. With March Town Reserves also gaining promotion, it has been a strong season for the Hares to build on.”
The Hares will look to celebrate their title success with a win at Boston United this Sunday (2pm), before they conclude their season at home to P&L Motor Diamonds at the GER on May 21.
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 4 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 5 Residents urged to take twice-weekly rapid Covid-19 tests
- 6 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 7 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 8 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 9 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 10 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million