WOMEN’S FOOTBALL: Title-winning March Town sent to second defeat of the season
- Credit: Archant
March Town Ladies had their title-winning party spoiled last weekend.
The Hares, who sealed promotion a fortnight ago, were sent to just their second defeat of the season at Boston United.
The impressive hosts ran out 3-1 winners to move into second place in the standings.
March’s penultimate fixture got off to the worst start imaginable thanks to three quick-fire Boston goals in the opening 20 minutes.
The visitors responded well, with Georgia Brown striking the post from 30 yards, before she eventually did reduce the deficit with a fine long-range strike.
Livvi Hodges and Emma Searle went close for March, but Boston managed to hold onto their two-goal advantage.
Defeat will disappoint the Hares, who have otherwise had an excellent season and lead the standings by four points.
- 1 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 2 Thousands descend on Chatteris as town lights up for Christmas
- 3 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 4 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 5 Councils bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 6 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council
- 7 Check before you travel ahead of major upgrade, commuters warned
- 8 Health chiefs call for action amid rise in sexually transmitted infections
- 9 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 10 Motorcyclist, 32, injured after A605 crash
Gary Davis’ side will hope to end their campaign on a high with a victory over P&L Motor Diamonds at the GER on Sunday (2pm).