WOMEN’S FOOTBALL: Title-winning March Town sent to second defeat of the season
- Credit: Archant
March Town Ladies had their title-winning party spoiled last weekend.
The Hares, who sealed promotion a fortnight ago, were sent to just their second defeat of the season at Boston United.
The impressive hosts ran out 3-1 winners to move into second place in the standings.
March’s penultimate fixture got off to the worst start imaginable thanks to three quick-fire Boston goals in the opening 20 minutes.
The visitors responded well, with Georgia Brown striking the post from 30 yards, before she eventually did reduce the deficit with a fine long-range strike.
You may also want to watch:
Livvi Hodges and Emma Searle went close for March, but Boston managed to hold onto their two-goal advantage.
Defeat will disappoint the Hares, who have otherwise had an excellent season and lead the standings by four points.
- 1 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 2 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 3 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 6 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 7 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?
- 8 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 9 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 10 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
Gary Davis’ side will hope to end their campaign on a high with a victory over P&L Motor Diamonds at the GER on Sunday (2pm).