WOMEN’S FOOTBALL: Title-winning March Town sent to second defeat of the season
- Credit: Archant
March Town Ladies had their title-winning party spoiled last weekend.
The Hares, who sealed promotion a fortnight ago, were sent to just their second defeat of the season at Boston United.
The impressive hosts ran out 3-1 winners to move into second place in the standings.
March’s penultimate fixture got off to the worst start imaginable thanks to three quick-fire Boston goals in the opening 20 minutes.
The visitors responded well, with Georgia Brown striking the post from 30 yards, before she eventually did reduce the deficit with a fine long-range strike.
You may also want to watch:
Livvi Hodges and Emma Searle went close for March, but Boston managed to hold onto their two-goal advantage.
Defeat will disappoint the Hares, who have otherwise had an excellent season and lead the standings by four points.
- 1 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 2 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 3 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 4 Trades group hears of alarming rise in shop worker abuse amid Covid
- 5 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 6 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal
- 7 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 8 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 9 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 10 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
Gary Davis’ side will hope to end their campaign on a high with a victory over P&L Motor Diamonds at the GER on Sunday (2pm).