WOMEN’S FOOTBALL: Title-winning March Town sent to second defeat of the season
- Credit: Archant
March Town Ladies had their title-winning party spoiled last weekend.
The Hares, who sealed promotion a fortnight ago, were sent to just their second defeat of the season at Boston United.
The impressive hosts ran out 3-1 winners to move into second place in the standings.
March’s penultimate fixture got off to the worst start imaginable thanks to three quick-fire Boston goals in the opening 20 minutes.
The visitors responded well, with Georgia Brown striking the post from 30 yards, before she eventually did reduce the deficit with a fine long-range strike.
You may also want to watch:
Livvi Hodges and Emma Searle went close for March, but Boston managed to hold onto their two-goal advantage.
Defeat will disappoint the Hares, who have otherwise had an excellent season and lead the standings by four points.
- 1 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 2 Students dare to dream of England Lionesses spot after trial success
- 3 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 5 Two drink drivers lose their licences
- 6 Man killed in Estover Road motorbike crash named by police
- 7 March lorry and cyclist collision: Eye-witness saw ‘boy laid in the road’
- 8 Live updates as cyclist is ‘hit by lorry’ near March secondary school
- 9 7 places to avoid the crowds in Cambs this summer
- 10 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
Gary Davis’ side will hope to end their campaign on a high with a victory over P&L Motor Diamonds at the GER on Sunday (2pm).