WOMEN’S FOOTBALL: Title-winning March Town sent to second defeat of the season
- Credit: Archant
March Town Ladies had their title-winning party spoiled last weekend.
The Hares, who sealed promotion a fortnight ago, were sent to just their second defeat of the season at Boston United.
The impressive hosts ran out 3-1 winners to move into second place in the standings.
March’s penultimate fixture got off to the worst start imaginable thanks to three quick-fire Boston goals in the opening 20 minutes.
The visitors responded well, with Georgia Brown striking the post from 30 yards, before she eventually did reduce the deficit with a fine long-range strike.
Livvi Hodges and Emma Searle went close for March, but Boston managed to hold onto their two-goal advantage.
Defeat will disappoint the Hares, who have otherwise had an excellent season and lead the standings by four points.
- 1 Arsonist firebombed GP surgery after doctors refused to give him heroin
- 2 Wembley debut 'a highlight of my career' for footballer Reece
- 3 Drug-driver killed co-worker on B1101 Elm Road in March
- 4 March set to light a beacon for Platinum Jubilee
- 5 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 6 Jon serves up a painting fit for Her Majesty
- 7 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
- 8 Herts man charged with alleged attempted robbery at village Co-op
- 9 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 10 Shoplifter, 33, who assaulted woman is on the run
Gary Davis’ side will hope to end their campaign on a high with a victory over P&L Motor Diamonds at the GER on Sunday (2pm).