Woods and Escorcio once again do the damage as March Town United thump Stowmarket Town
- Credit: Archant
Deadly duo Dan Woods and Denny Escorcio both bagged braces as March Town United made it four straight wins with a 4-0 win at Stowmarket Town on Saturday.
Between them, they have scored 29 goals this season - 17 in 22 for Woods and 12 in 20 for Escorcio.
Their goals have fired the Hares to third in the Thurlow Nunn First Division.
Manager Chris Bartlett says he is “very pleased” with the win but that his side is still capable of more.
He said: “I was really pleased with the result but we were not at our best. We conceded far too many chances but Dave Beeny was outstanding in goal.
“Our forwards were excellent - Ash Brand did a lot of tireless work up front which occupied the defenders and Dan and Denny capitalised.
“Dan has been outstanding lately. I think it’s nine goals in the last 11 games. He had the chance to go back to Peterborough Sports four or five weeks ago but he turned it down, which was a massive boost for the club. He’s also a great lad in the changing room.
- 1 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
- 2 Honda, Seat and Toyota crash on A141
- 3 Chapel conversion withdrawn following stinging rebuke
- 4 Doddington Minor Injuries Unit to temporarily close
- 5 Dealer responsible for £500k worth of drugs caught
- 6 Developer going flat out to convert former post office
- 7 Hospitals raise car parking costs for first time in six years
- 8 Captured Cambridgeshire man 'charged with mercenary activities' by Russia
- 9 Man charged with attempted murder as stab victim is found
- 10 Man dies after van and lorry crash on A141
“Denny is unplayable. He makes defenders look silly. They can’t cope with him.
“Then there’s Ash Brand, Juliano Menezes and Sean White chomping at the bit as well.”
Bartlett has reinforced to his players’ the importance of keeping the winning run going at mid-table Team Bury, who March beat earlier this season, on Saturday.
He said: “It’s important we keep the run going. Our first target is two points per game (March have 38 from 20), then the top four and we’ll push on from there.
“Unfortunately three losses in a row earlier this season means we are playing catch up but the fact we were able to beat a side like Stowmarket 4-0 away from home without being at our best is a good sign.”
Lewis McManus will be missing through suspension after picking up five bookings but Gerard Evans and Juliano Menezes should both be back.