World championship berths for Fen fighters
- Credit: Archant
Kickboxing A group of kickboxers from Fenland have earned the chance to compete at the World Championships after a successful showing with the England team.
The seven fighters, who train in the Fens with the Peterborough British Chinese Kickboxing Association, began their season with impressive performances at three events held last month.
Courtney Brown, Leon Gold, Grant Brown, Chelsea Munday, Freya Molloy, Eddy Paddock and Jaden Harris have all picked up medals in tournament competition.
Their performances have won them the right to compete with the England team at the World Championships, scheduled to take place in October, in Portugal.
Peterborough BCKA fighters will be back in action again at the Norfolk Open, taking place on March 14.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone interested in joining the club can call 07969792286 or visit http://www.bcka-peterborough.co.uk
- 1 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 2 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 3 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 4 MP praises 'fantastic' vaccine team after having Covid-19 jab
- 5 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 6 Man who died in road crash is named
- 7 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 8 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
- 9 Matilda, 9, sold her dolls to raise money for charity close to her heart
- 10 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’