Wright and Ringham’s resistance not enough to prevent March Town loss to Foxton while Hinson hits century for seconds
- Credit: Archant
Andrew Wright and Chris Ringham almost salvaged a draw for struggling March Town against Foxton ... but they succumbed to a 72 run loss.
At The Avenue, Foxton batted first and posted 225-6. The returning Callum Young was pick of the bowlers with 2-38.
In reply, March’s top order once again failed to fire. When Wright and Ringham came together at 85-8, a sixth loss in seven games looked a certainty.
But a stubborn ninth wicket partnership of 59 runs took March to within three overs of an unlikely draw. Wright hit 33, with Ringham left unbeaten on 23.
March find themselves 10th in the Tucker Gardner league, one place and one point above the drop zone.
You may also want to watch:
Up next is a daunting away day at high-flying Wisbech, who have just beaten leaders Ramsey on their own patch.
Steve Hinson hit a century (106) but March II lost by 106 runs to Cambridge Granta II in CCA Senior League Division 1.
- 1 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 2 'Eccentric traveller' to ride Penny-Farthing from London to Paris
- 3 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs this year
- 4 Green light for off-licence despite objections
- 5 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
- 6 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 7 Council chief executive accused of 'indifference' over Covid-19 response
- 8 Road closed and residents without water due to burst water main
- 9 All staff and residents at Chatteris care home now vaccinated against Covid
- 10 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
Granta II posted a formidable 295-4. with two wickets for James Beresford.
Hinson and Rob Tombs (38) put on 96 for the third wicket as March II finished on 189-5.
Several of March IV’s younger players put in powerful performances to overcome previously unbeaten Newmarket by 68 runs in CCA Junior League Division 5N.
Rob Conyard (35), Will Curtis (25) and Steven Coe (20) were in the runs as March IV made 134-6.
Curtis then produced a 3-10 spell, with Sam Mason taking 4-45 and Dan Waltham 2-9 as the league leaders were dismissed for 66.