ATHLETICS: Successful Asda Foundation Yorkshire Marathon for members of March Athletic Club
- Credit: Supplied/MarchAC
Nine members of March Athletic Club took part in the Asda Foundation Yorkshire Marathon over the weekend.
Each member completed the charity dash in times ranging from three hours and three minutes to four hours and 57 minutes.
Toni Alcaraz, running as an England Masters athlete, was first home in three hours, three minutes and 42 seconds and she was second in her age category.
Toni was followed in by Andrew Wool 3:26:25, Jon Long 4:08:34pb, Graeme Dedman 4:27:45pb, Teilo Pearce 4:35:42 and Nina Markillie 4:35:43pb.
Andrew Fovargue 4:40:03pb, Stephen Rooney 4:40:05 and Michelle Fovargue, in her first marathon, 4:57:44.
You may also want to watch:
Seven of the runners were pictured having a well-earned drink after the race on Sunday, October 20 in Yorkshire.
The club meets every Tuesday and Thursday evening at 6.15 pm, and occasionally a small group meets up on Sunday at 8:30am as well for a long run.
Training is from Elm Road Sports Field in March. Those interested in joining should contact membership secretary Toni Alcaraz on email@example.com
- 1 Watch the moment E-scooter rider, 16, narrowly misses crashing into bus
- 2 Mobile upgrade work may cause TV interference
- 3 Rob's 'walk of thanks' for Magpas Air Ambulance
- 4 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 5 MP the “most handsome and kindest member of the government’
- 6 ‘Enough is enough’ says MP at the scene of drink drive crash
- 7 Depleted Bears fight back to earn friendly victory
- 8 Covid-19 job loss prompts Martin to launch out on his own
- 9 'No excuse' not to publish costs says funeral director
- 10 Drug dealing pair caught thanks to eagle-eyed neighbours