You are the weakest link! Three Counties’ first relay event is a big success
- Credit: Archant
Three Counties Running Club tried their hand at hosting their first event last week.
The club invited local clubs March Athletics Club and newly-formed Bodymode Running Club in Chatteris to their ‘Weakest Link Relay’ held at West End park in March.
Three-person teams took turns to run legs of 1.4 miles before coming together to run the last 1.4 mile leg.
30 teams, ranging in ages from 11 to over 70, took part and Three Counties member Esme Whitelam said it was a big hit.
She said: “The event was a fantastic success with all teams finishing and all thoroughly enjoying their evening. We hope to make this an annual challenge.”
You may also want to watch:
1st: March AC (no. 120, 220 & 320) - Jamie Shelton, Jevan Robertson and Andy Bathwick - 31:43
- 1 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 2 Neighbours want council to call time on off-licence
- 3 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 4 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 5 Fishing park owners await green light to open third lake
- 6 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 7 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 8 Ever get that sinking feeling?
- 9 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 10 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager
2nd: March AC (no. 123, 223 & 323) - Lee Carey, Billy Bremner and Mick Stacey - 33:52
3rd: Three Counties RC (no. 101, 201 & 301) - Tayo Willett, Adam Chown and Stewart Harrison - 34:24
Three Counties members were then out in force at local Park Runs – sprinting to success in King’s Lynn and Peterborough.
King’s Lynn 5km Park Run:
Jonny Clark - 20:06 (PB)
Mark Southwood - 22:05 (PB)
Sarah Melton-Whitelam - 25:53 (PB)
Steph Clark - 27:59
Steve Whitelam - 29:17
Peterborough 5km Park Run:
Joely Apps - 34:00