You are the weakest link! Three Counties’ first relay event is a big success
- Credit: Archant
Three Counties Running Club tried their hand at hosting their first event last week.
The club invited local clubs March Athletics Club and newly-formed Bodymode Running Club in Chatteris to their ‘Weakest Link Relay’ held at West End park in March.
Three-person teams took turns to run legs of 1.4 miles before coming together to run the last 1.4 mile leg.
30 teams, ranging in ages from 11 to over 70, took part and Three Counties member Esme Whitelam said it was a big hit.
She said: “The event was a fantastic success with all teams finishing and all thoroughly enjoying their evening. We hope to make this an annual challenge.”
You may also want to watch:
1st: March AC (no. 120, 220 & 320) - Jamie Shelton, Jevan Robertson and Andy Bathwick - 31:43
- 1 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 2 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 3 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 4 What are the outstanding and good schools in Cambridgeshire?
- 5 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 6 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 7 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 8 Alleged paedophile released on bail
- 9 Girl, 15, in late night stand-off with train on rural line
- 10 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
2nd: March AC (no. 123, 223 & 323) - Lee Carey, Billy Bremner and Mick Stacey - 33:52
3rd: Three Counties RC (no. 101, 201 & 301) - Tayo Willett, Adam Chown and Stewart Harrison - 34:24
Three Counties members were then out in force at local Park Runs – sprinting to success in King’s Lynn and Peterborough.
King’s Lynn 5km Park Run:
Jonny Clark - 20:06 (PB)
Mark Southwood - 22:05 (PB)
Sarah Melton-Whitelam - 25:53 (PB)
Steph Clark - 27:59
Steve Whitelam - 29:17
Peterborough 5km Park Run:
Joely Apps - 34:00