You are the weakest link! Three Counties’ first relay event is a big success
- Credit: Archant
Three Counties Running Club tried their hand at hosting their first event last week.
The club invited local clubs March Athletics Club and newly-formed Bodymode Running Club in Chatteris to their ‘Weakest Link Relay’ held at West End park in March.
Three-person teams took turns to run legs of 1.4 miles before coming together to run the last 1.4 mile leg.
30 teams, ranging in ages from 11 to over 70, took part and Three Counties member Esme Whitelam said it was a big hit.
She said: “The event was a fantastic success with all teams finishing and all thoroughly enjoying their evening. We hope to make this an annual challenge.”
1st: March AC (no. 120, 220 & 320) - Jamie Shelton, Jevan Robertson and Andy Bathwick - 31:43
- 1 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 2 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 3 First episode of tractor TV show features farmer in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Drink-drivers banned off the roads after being caught in March and Wisbech
- 5 Megan realises netball dream ahead of Commonwealth Games bow
- 6 Fenland Farmers Tractor Run 2022 to raise money for MAGPAS
- 7 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
- 8 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
- 9 Eye burglar smashed doors with brick and stole jewellery and chocolate
- 10 Three brass instruments worth £20k stolen from church
2nd: March AC (no. 123, 223 & 323) - Lee Carey, Billy Bremner and Mick Stacey - 33:52
3rd: Three Counties RC (no. 101, 201 & 301) - Tayo Willett, Adam Chown and Stewart Harrison - 34:24
Three Counties members were then out in force at local Park Runs – sprinting to success in King’s Lynn and Peterborough.
King’s Lynn 5km Park Run:
Jonny Clark - 20:06 (PB)
Mark Southwood - 22:05 (PB)
Sarah Melton-Whitelam - 25:53 (PB)
Steph Clark - 27:59
Steve Whitelam - 29:17
Peterborough 5km Park Run:
Joely Apps - 34:00