You Bekk we’ll fight to finish
MARCH Ladies II refuse to give up in their battle for survival in the Cambs Ladies Premier Division. They returned the best result for March Hockey Club at the weekend, beating league leaders Bourne II 3-2. March got off to an encouraging start but the vi
MARCH Ladies II refuse to give up in their battle for survival in the Cambs Ladies Premier Division.
They returned the best result for March Hockey Club at the weekend, beating league leaders Bourne II 3-2.
March got off to an encouraging start but the visitors took a 1-0 lead into the break.
The second half was dominated by a superb performance from Bekki Bell, who scored a priceless hat-trick to stun the visitors.
You may also want to watch:
Bourne scored a second late on but March battled and held on to their lead.
With one game remaining, March must beat Ely City next week and hope other results go their way if they are to stay in the league.
- 1 Girl, 15, in late night stand-off with train on rural line
- 2 Pupils thrilled to take next step towards England dream
- 3 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 4 ‘Shovel-ready’ mayor brings key schemes back from the brink
- 5 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 6 What are the outstanding and good schools in Cambridgeshire?
- 7 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 8 Rainbow alliance hoping to bring sunshine to the Fens
- 9 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 10 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- Lincoln I, league leaders in East League Division Two North, recovered from last week's surprise defeat to thrash March Ladies I 7-1.
The visitors were on top from the start and their pressure led to two goals in the first half.
Lincoln continued the onslaught and were 5-0 ahead before Shereen Hutton scored a consolation for March. Home keeper Julie Ingham did her best to keep out the visitors but they scored two more to complete the rout.
The biggest win for a March team at the weekend went to March Ladies III, who enjoyed an 8-0 win against Ely City II in Cambs Ladies Division Two.
A hat-trick from Rachel Naughton, braces from Bryony Mitchell and Jenny Palmer, and an Abbi Mitchell strike, wrapped up an outstanding win.