You Bekk we’ll fight to finish
MARCH Ladies II refuse to give up in their battle for survival in the Cambs Ladies Premier Division. They returned the best result for March Hockey Club at the weekend, beating league leaders Bourne II 3-2. March got off to an encouraging start but the vi
MARCH Ladies II refuse to give up in their battle for survival in the Cambs Ladies Premier Division.
They returned the best result for March Hockey Club at the weekend, beating league leaders Bourne II 3-2.
March got off to an encouraging start but the visitors took a 1-0 lead into the break.
The second half was dominated by a superb performance from Bekki Bell, who scored a priceless hat-trick to stun the visitors.
You may also want to watch:
Bourne scored a second late on but March battled and held on to their lead.
With one game remaining, March must beat Ely City next week and hope other results go their way if they are to stay in the league.
- 1 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 2 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 3 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 4 Trades group hears of alarming rise in shop worker abuse amid Covid
- 5 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 6 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 7 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal
- 8 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 9 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 10 Vicar's concerns over 'hugely vulnerable' rough sleepers
- Lincoln I, league leaders in East League Division Two North, recovered from last week's surprise defeat to thrash March Ladies I 7-1.
The visitors were on top from the start and their pressure led to two goals in the first half.
Lincoln continued the onslaught and were 5-0 ahead before Shereen Hutton scored a consolation for March. Home keeper Julie Ingham did her best to keep out the visitors but they scored two more to complete the rout.
The biggest win for a March team at the weekend went to March Ladies III, who enjoyed an 8-0 win against Ely City II in Cambs Ladies Division Two.
A hat-trick from Rachel Naughton, braces from Bryony Mitchell and Jenny Palmer, and an Abbi Mitchell strike, wrapped up an outstanding win.