Young boxer Eryk Ciureja takes a national youth boxing title
- Credit: Archant
Young boxer Eryk Ciureja has taken the England youth cadet title in his age and weight category after boxing like a champion over three days.
Eryk put Chatteris boxing club back on the map after three year absence with a stunning win at Doncaster.
Sparta ABC has now merged with Chatteris and it was Eryk’s third ABA title and the fifth for Chatteris.
Eryk fought over three days, winning all three fights by unanimous decision and taking the boxing England youth cadet title (16 years of age) at under 49kg.
Coach Matt Lenton said “Eryk boxed three unbelievable fights under unbelievable pressure to take his third ABA title.
“We are very, very proud to announce the merging of Sparta ABC with Chatteris boxing club, a club steeped in history and tradition.
“I am honoured to now be the head of Chatteris boxing and myself and Eryk dedicate this win to the memory of Matty Payne my former coach, and who along with Tony Brown gave me the inspiration to teach kids such as Eryk.
- 1 Whittlesey and March serve up cup thriller ahead of crucial weekend
- 2 Village's stunning Christmas lights display captured on camera
- 3 Grandmother paralysed by Covid slowly improving, judge told
- 4 Neighbour and PCSO prevent £4,000 fraud
- 5 Santa lightens up the Fens in run-up to Christmas
- 6 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 7 Government clearance needed for £200,000 year role for Eileen
- 8 Owner left excited as town's 'heirloom' features on I'm A Celebrity trial
- 9 Attacked PC nominated for bravery award
- 10 Staff threatened with sledgehammer in armed robbery at St Neots jewellers
“Chatteris boxing will be great once again.”