Young boxer Eryk Ciureja takes a national youth boxing title
- Credit: Archant
Young boxer Eryk Ciureja has taken the England youth cadet title in his age and weight category after boxing like a champion over three days.
Eryk put Chatteris boxing club back on the map after three year absence with a stunning win at Doncaster.
Sparta ABC has now merged with Chatteris and it was Eryk’s third ABA title and the fifth for Chatteris.
Eryk fought over three days, winning all three fights by unanimous decision and taking the boxing England youth cadet title (16 years of age) at under 49kg.
Coach Matt Lenton said “Eryk boxed three unbelievable fights under unbelievable pressure to take his third ABA title.
You may also want to watch:
“We are very, very proud to announce the merging of Sparta ABC with Chatteris boxing club, a club steeped in history and tradition.
“I am honoured to now be the head of Chatteris boxing and myself and Eryk dedicate this win to the memory of Matty Payne my former coach, and who along with Tony Brown gave me the inspiration to teach kids such as Eryk.
- 1 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 2 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 3 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 4 MP praises 'fantastic' vaccine team after having Covid-19 jab
- 5 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 6 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 7 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 8 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 9 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 10 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
“Chatteris boxing will be great once again.”