Young guns star for March Town II on a wet weekend for Fenland cricket
- Credit: Archant
Fourteeen-year-old batsman Sam Clarke hit a brilliant 52 in March Town II’s win against Wilburton in their Cambs Senior League Division One game on a day when nearly all of Cambridgeshire’s cricket was washed out because of Saturday’s torrential rain.
The youngster hit three sixes and four fours and was ably assisted by Stephen Wallis (54 not out) as the team reached their opponents’ total of 138.
It took March just 27 overs to get through Wilburton’s batsmen with the wicket-taking bowlers Charlie Revell (3) , Iaon Foreman (2) and Will Curtis (2) all from the club’s under-15s team. March reached 145 for the loss of just four wickets.
Chatteris II played St Ives Town III in the Cambs Junior Cup and lost, despite Oli Bailey’s excellent knock of 63 not out. Opener Karl Anderson hit 29 as the home side reached 165 for eight but St Ives reached 166 for six.
In the Tucker Gardner Premier League there was only one match with Warboys drawing at Foxton & Babraham in Division One.
You may also want to watch:
Wisbech Town and March Town will be hoping for better weather this weekend when they play at Waresley and Camden respectively.
- 1 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 2 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 3 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 6 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 7 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 8 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?
- 9 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 10 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit