Young guns star for March Town II on a wet weekend for Fenland cricket
- Credit: Archant
Fourteeen-year-old batsman Sam Clarke hit a brilliant 52 in March Town II’s win against Wilburton in their Cambs Senior League Division One game on a day when nearly all of Cambridgeshire’s cricket was washed out because of Saturday’s torrential rain.
The youngster hit three sixes and four fours and was ably assisted by Stephen Wallis (54 not out) as the team reached their opponents’ total of 138.
It took March just 27 overs to get through Wilburton’s batsmen with the wicket-taking bowlers Charlie Revell (3) , Iaon Foreman (2) and Will Curtis (2) all from the club’s under-15s team. March reached 145 for the loss of just four wickets.
Chatteris II played St Ives Town III in the Cambs Junior Cup and lost, despite Oli Bailey’s excellent knock of 63 not out. Opener Karl Anderson hit 29 as the home side reached 165 for eight but St Ives reached 166 for six.
In the Tucker Gardner Premier League there was only one match with Warboys drawing at Foxton & Babraham in Division One.
You may also want to watch:
Wisbech Town and March Town will be hoping for better weather this weekend when they play at Waresley and Camden respectively.
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 3 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 4 MP praises 'fantastic' vaccine team after having Covid-19 jab
- 5 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 6 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 7 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 8 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 9 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 10 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal