Young Hares hot-shot Rob Conyard in higher-level switch
- Credit: Archant
Teenage talent Rob Conyard has left March Town – and manager Mel Mattless hopes he becomes a big success at a higher level.
The 17 year-old has joined Deeping Rangers, who play in the United Counties League Premier Division.
Conyard hit eight goals for the Hares in the Thurlow Nunn League First Division last season – and racked up 11 in all competitions.
“It’s a big blow to lose him in all honesty,” admitted March chief Mattless. “But it’s always good to see a young player progress to a higher level of football.
“Rob will probably have better players around him at Deeping, which will help his development.
You may also want to watch:
“The door will always be open at March and he will be welcomed back if things don’t work out for him.”
The Hares squad have returned for pre-season training in the past week. They’ve already had three sessions, which have all been well attended, and have five friendlies planned ahead of the new league season.
- 1 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 2 Suspected drink-driver, 41, arrested after tip-off from resident
- 3 Man who died in road crash is named
- 4 Police thank eagle-eyed motorist for being ‘right place, right time’
- 5 DJ, 11, branded 'an inspiration' after winning top award
- 6 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 7 Photographer amazed by praise thanks to stunning images of space
- 8 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 9 Entrepreneurs’ lockdown invention wins big at London competition
- 10 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
That begins on July 29, when March host Holland FC and another home game follows on August 1 against Downham Town Reserves.