Young stars from March and Wisbech join forces to impress at ‘In2Hockey’ competition
YOUNG hockey stars from across Fenland joined forces to showcase their skills at the national “In2Hockey” competition.
Youngsters from Wisbech and March united to enter a joint squad of 30 players for the tournament held at the Perse School, in Cambridge.
The girls under-10s produced the performance of the day, finishing second in their group to qualify for the regional round.
The boys under-10s, sponsored by Wisbech Round Table, beat St Ives and Saffron Walden to finish third in their group.
Goals from Ben Darrington, Mark Saunders and Mark Whittome helped the boys under-12s secure third in their group, while the girls under-12s, also finished third.
You may also want to watch:
The clubs thanked Anna Whittome, Rachel Howsam, Sam Dunn, Isaac Chaplain-Barton, Tom Drew and Oliver Osborn for helping with the 12 games.
- 1 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 2 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 3 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 4 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 5 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 6 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 7 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 8 Heated dining pod and covered decking area at restaurant after garden makeover
- 9 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 10 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’