Young stars from March and Wisbech join forces to impress at ‘In2Hockey’ competition
YOUNG hockey stars from across Fenland joined forces to showcase their skills at the national “In2Hockey” competition.
Youngsters from Wisbech and March united to enter a joint squad of 30 players for the tournament held at the Perse School, in Cambridge.
The girls under-10s produced the performance of the day, finishing second in their group to qualify for the regional round.
The boys under-10s, sponsored by Wisbech Round Table, beat St Ives and Saffron Walden to finish third in their group.
Goals from Ben Darrington, Mark Saunders and Mark Whittome helped the boys under-12s secure third in their group, while the girls under-12s, also finished third.
You may also want to watch:
The clubs thanked Anna Whittome, Rachel Howsam, Sam Dunn, Isaac Chaplain-Barton, Tom Drew and Oliver Osborn for helping with the 12 games.
- 1 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 2 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 3 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 4 March Town mark long-awaited step five return with opening day defeat
- 5 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 6 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 7 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 8 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 9 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 10 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile