Young stars from March and Wisbech join forces to impress at ‘In2Hockey’ competition
YOUNG hockey stars from across Fenland joined forces to showcase their skills at the national “In2Hockey” competition.
Youngsters from Wisbech and March united to enter a joint squad of 30 players for the tournament held at the Perse School, in Cambridge.
The girls under-10s produced the performance of the day, finishing second in their group to qualify for the regional round.
The boys under-10s, sponsored by Wisbech Round Table, beat St Ives and Saffron Walden to finish third in their group.
Goals from Ben Darrington, Mark Saunders and Mark Whittome helped the boys under-12s secure third in their group, while the girls under-12s, also finished third.
You may also want to watch:
The clubs thanked Anna Whittome, Rachel Howsam, Sam Dunn, Isaac Chaplain-Barton, Tom Drew and Oliver Osborn for helping with the 12 games.
- 1 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 2 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 3 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 6 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 7 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 8 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?
- 9 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 10 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash