Young winger scores first try as March Bears continue recent revival with victory
YOUNG winger Aaron Connor scored his first try for the club as March Bears continued their recent renaissance with a 17-12 victory over St Neots on Saturday.
The Bears - who have now won four of their last five games - dominated their visiting rivals at the Elm Road Sports Field.
Matty Day put them in front with a confidently converted penalty before Connor pounced on a skilfully placed Shaun Saxby kick to sprint in for his first score for the Bears.
Day’s conversion pushed the Bears into a commanding 10-0 lead but ill-discipline gave St Neots a converted try and a foothold in the game.
Only a last-ditch tackle from flanker Jonathan Beavis prevented another St Neots score early in the second half as the visitors continued to assert themselves.
You may also want to watch:
But March soon rediscovered their rhythm and Day took his points tally for the afternoon to 12 when he converted his own try after running in under the posts.
A late St Neots try clawed them back within reach but the Bears held firm to seal the points.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 2 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 3 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
- 4 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 5 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 6 Steve Count 'no doubt' Tories will review 'our performance' as his future is decided
- 7 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 8 Prison sentence for man who brutally attacked his partner
- 9 Tory jubilation short-lived in Fenland as they lose control of county council
- 10 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online