Young winger scores first try as March Bears continue recent revival with victory
YOUNG winger Aaron Connor scored his first try for the club as March Bears continued their recent renaissance with a 17-12 victory over St Neots on Saturday.
The Bears - who have now won four of their last five games - dominated their visiting rivals at the Elm Road Sports Field.
Matty Day put them in front with a confidently converted penalty before Connor pounced on a skilfully placed Shaun Saxby kick to sprint in for his first score for the Bears.
Day’s conversion pushed the Bears into a commanding 10-0 lead but ill-discipline gave St Neots a converted try and a foothold in the game.
Only a last-ditch tackle from flanker Jonathan Beavis prevented another St Neots score early in the second half as the visitors continued to assert themselves.
You may also want to watch:
But March soon rediscovered their rhythm and Day took his points tally for the afternoon to 12 when he converted his own try after running in under the posts.
A late St Neots try clawed them back within reach but the Bears held firm to seal the points.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
- 4 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 5 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 6 Dad has 'much more energy to run around' with son after losing four stone
- 7 MP wants an end to floods misery in the Fens
- 8 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 9 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 10 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer