Young works more magic as Chatteris Town Under-16s net historic trophy
CARETAKER boss Julian Young worked more magic for Chatteris Town on Sunday as he led the club’s under-16s to a historic trophy triumph.
Young, who took charge of his final first team game on Saturday, masterminded the youngsters’ victory in the Cambs Under-16s Knockout Cup.
Josh Joyce’s 57th-minute penalty secured Chatteris’ 1-0 win over Papworth. It was the first time Chatteris had won the competition in its 35-year history.
Young said: “I’m very proud of them. When they were under-10s, they lost their first competitive game 18-0 and six years later they’ve done this.
“Our preparation was very professional and we took two coach-loads of players and supporters. It was brilliant.”
You may also want to watch:
Young has enjoyed a magnificent finish to the season, leading the Lilies’ first team to league safety during 12 games as caretaker boss.
He added: “Someone came up to me after Sunday’s game and asked me if I’d go and help Roy Hodgson this summer because I seem to have the golden touch at the moment!”
- 1 Connor tops poll as Tories retained Fenland dominance on county council
- 2 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 3 Election 2021: Wisbech West tops poll for lowest turnout
- 4 New £1.5million Co-op store opens its doors – creating 12 local jobs
- 5 Death crash driver who fled is jailed
- 6 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 7 Election 2021: Tories win Whittlesey by-elections
- 8 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 9 Wimblington murder probe: first photo of victim
- 10 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack