Young works more magic as Chatteris Town Under-16s net historic trophy
CARETAKER boss Julian Young worked more magic for Chatteris Town on Sunday as he led the club’s under-16s to a historic trophy triumph.
Young, who took charge of his final first team game on Saturday, masterminded the youngsters’ victory in the Cambs Under-16s Knockout Cup.
Josh Joyce’s 57th-minute penalty secured Chatteris’ 1-0 win over Papworth. It was the first time Chatteris had won the competition in its 35-year history.
Young said: “I’m very proud of them. When they were under-10s, they lost their first competitive game 18-0 and six years later they’ve done this.
“Our preparation was very professional and we took two coach-loads of players and supporters. It was brilliant.”
You may also want to watch:
Young has enjoyed a magnificent finish to the season, leading the Lilies’ first team to league safety during 12 games as caretaker boss.
He added: “Someone came up to me after Sunday’s game and asked me if I’d go and help Roy Hodgson this summer because I seem to have the golden touch at the moment!”
- 1 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 2 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 3 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 6 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 7 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 8 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?
- 9 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 10 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit