Youngsters lead the way as Wisbech Amateur Boxing Club hosts thrilling 14-bout show
YOUNGSTERS took to the ring for the first time on Friday as Wisbech Amateur Boxing Club held a thrilling 14-bout show.
It was three 11-year-olds who led the way for the town’s boxers, as Thomas McCurry, Ryan Davis and Nicky Varguson impressed a crowd of around 200 with strong performances in their skills bouts.
Also victorious for Wisbech was Andrius Dromontos, Aidas Macas and 18-year-old Yaz Lodhi, who produced a fantastic display to beat Steve Coleman.
Wisbech’s Lol Manning suffered a narrow defeat to South Holland ABC’s Aidan Johnson, while Markus Mylozis and David Kapitaniak were also beaten.
Club secretary Saphire Lee said: “The young boys were very nervous before their first appearances in the ring but they really were brilliant. I’m so proud of them.
You may also want to watch:
“It was one of the best shows for a long time. The atmosphere was fantastic and all the visiting clubs are keen to come back.”
- 1 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 2 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 3 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 4 What are the outstanding and good schools in Cambridgeshire?
- 5 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 6 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 7 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 8 Alleged paedophile released on bail
- 9 Girl, 15, in late night stand-off with train on rural line
- 10 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'