Youngsters lead the way as Wisbech Amateur Boxing Club hosts thrilling 14-bout show
YOUNGSTERS took to the ring for the first time on Friday as Wisbech Amateur Boxing Club held a thrilling 14-bout show.
It was three 11-year-olds who led the way for the town’s boxers, as Thomas McCurry, Ryan Davis and Nicky Varguson impressed a crowd of around 200 with strong performances in their skills bouts.
Also victorious for Wisbech was Andrius Dromontos, Aidas Macas and 18-year-old Yaz Lodhi, who produced a fantastic display to beat Steve Coleman.
Wisbech’s Lol Manning suffered a narrow defeat to South Holland ABC’s Aidan Johnson, while Markus Mylozis and David Kapitaniak were also beaten.
Club secretary Saphire Lee said: “The young boys were very nervous before their first appearances in the ring but they really were brilliant. I’m so proud of them.
You may also want to watch:
“It was one of the best shows for a long time. The atmosphere was fantastic and all the visiting clubs are keen to come back.”
- 1 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 2 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 3 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 4 'Big red key' used by cops in dawn raid on suspected drug dealers
- 5 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 6 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 7 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 8 Dad of two killed on Fen road
- 9 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home
- 10 Pedestrian dies at scene of crash