Youngsters produce thrilling finish as Fenland karters battle for Grande Prix honours
RIVALS Henry Laws and Sam Russell race wheel to wheel in the most exciting contest of Wisbech and District Kart Racing Club’s Grande Prix.
The youngsters led the way in the 10-lap competition at Manea Field, with Laws eventually pipping Russell by the narrowest of margins in the junior 90cc section.
Alex Ward sealed the GP title by cruising to victory ahead of Bethany Brooker and Maddie Williams in the junior 70cc class.
Luke Huggins won the 125 four-stroke race while Steven Gardner dominated proceedings to take the 125 two-stroke crown.
Craig Jackson shrugged off the challenges of James Fisher and Luke Manders to take the 250cc four-stroke before Stuart Holland took the 250cc open class.
Jackson then bagged his second win of the day in the final race, the 125cc four-stroke seniors.
Martin Osborne, from the club, said: “It was a brilliant day of racing. The weather was kind to us, the track held up well and the competition was fierce and fair.”
- 1 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 2 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?
- 3 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 4 Motorcyclist, 32, injured after A605 crash
- 5 Convenience store transformed thanks to £116k facelift
- 6 ‘We try to think outside the box’ - Alpacas pay a visit to care home
- 7 WATCH: Extinction Rebellion block Amazon warehouse
- 8 Best Indian in CAMBRIDGESHIRE even though award says best in NORFOLK
- 9 Police shut off A605 after 'single vehicle' crash
- 10 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall