Youngsters produce thrilling finish as Fenland karters battle for Grande Prix honours
RIVALS Henry Laws and Sam Russell race wheel to wheel in the most exciting contest of Wisbech and District Kart Racing Club’s Grande Prix.
The youngsters led the way in the 10-lap competition at Manea Field, with Laws eventually pipping Russell by the narrowest of margins in the junior 90cc section.
Alex Ward sealed the GP title by cruising to victory ahead of Bethany Brooker and Maddie Williams in the junior 70cc class.
Luke Huggins won the 125 four-stroke race while Steven Gardner dominated proceedings to take the 125 two-stroke crown.
Craig Jackson shrugged off the challenges of James Fisher and Luke Manders to take the 250cc four-stroke before Stuart Holland took the 250cc open class.
You may also want to watch:
Jackson then bagged his second win of the day in the final race, the 125cc four-stroke seniors.
Martin Osborne, from the club, said: “It was a brilliant day of racing. The weather was kind to us, the track held up well and the competition was fierce and fair.”
- 1 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 2 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 3 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 4 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 5 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 6 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 7 Lorry driver loses control on motorway in booze-fuelled collision
- 8 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 9 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 10 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s