Youth cricket: March Under-11s impress while Neale-Wade contest county finals
COACH Bill Adamson celebrated alongside his impressive March Town Cricket Club Under-11 side after a successful six-a-side tournament at Wimblington.
The young team, made up of Sam Green, Luke Thorne, Doug Furlong, Hana Howson, Brandon Pearce and Geoff Kirby, finished runners-up to Ely in the eight-team competition.
• NEALE-WADE Community College’s Year 7 side came within two runs of winning the County Inter-Cricket finals.
The youngsters fell to a one-run defeat against Witchford in the final after beating Linton and Comberton.
The Year 8 team finished as runners-up, winning three of their four matches.
You may also want to watch:
The Year 7 girls also finished as runners-up, beating Parkside, Perse and Linton before losing narrowly in the final.
Captain Fran Plitsch led from the front with an outstanding performance for the combined Year 8 and 9 girls team. They beat Linton II, Parkside and Cromwell before being defeated by a strong Linton first team.
- 1 Watch the moment E-scooter rider, 16, narrowly misses crashing into bus
- 2 Mobile upgrade work may cause TV interference
- 3 Rob's 'walk of thanks' for Magpas Air Ambulance
- 4 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 5 MP the “most handsome and kindest member of the government’
- 6 Depleted Bears fight back to earn friendly victory
- 7 ‘Enough is enough’ says MP at the scene of drink drive crash
- 8 Drug dealing pair caught thanks to eagle-eyed neighbours
- 9 Covid-19 job loss prompts Martin to launch out on his own
- 10 'No excuse' not to publish costs says funeral director
The school’s young cricketers are pictured at the tournament, which was held at Fenners, the home of Cambridge University Cricket Club.