Youth cricket: March Under-11s impress while Neale-Wade contest county finals
COACH Bill Adamson celebrated alongside his impressive March Town Cricket Club Under-11 side after a successful six-a-side tournament at Wimblington.
The young team, made up of Sam Green, Luke Thorne, Doug Furlong, Hana Howson, Brandon Pearce and Geoff Kirby, finished runners-up to Ely in the eight-team competition.
• NEALE-WADE Community College’s Year 7 side came within two runs of winning the County Inter-Cricket finals.
The youngsters fell to a one-run defeat against Witchford in the final after beating Linton and Comberton.
The Year 8 team finished as runners-up, winning three of their four matches.
The Year 7 girls also finished as runners-up, beating Parkside, Perse and Linton before losing narrowly in the final.
Captain Fran Plitsch led from the front with an outstanding performance for the combined Year 8 and 9 girls team. They beat Linton II, Parkside and Cromwell before being defeated by a strong Linton first team.
- 1 56-bed care home backers revise access proposals
- 2 Council to spend a penny or two from £8.4m 'pot' on new loos
- 3 Farmer wins appeal to convert derelict barn into a house
- 4 Seven places where £4.9m road maintenance has been approved
- 5 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 6 Jail for paedophile who photographed abuse
- 7 Knife attack man hid over £3,500 of drugs at mum's home
- 8 Footballer, Harry, hoping for future in professional football
- 9 Depleted villagers battle on in courageous defeat
- 10 MP pops in our company that won 4 year battle to expand
The school’s young cricketers are pictured at the tournament, which was held at Fenners, the home of Cambridge University Cricket Club.