Youth cricket: March Under-11s impress while Neale-Wade contest county finals
COACH Bill Adamson celebrated alongside his impressive March Town Cricket Club Under-11 side after a successful six-a-side tournament at Wimblington.
The young team, made up of Sam Green, Luke Thorne, Doug Furlong, Hana Howson, Brandon Pearce and Geoff Kirby, finished runners-up to Ely in the eight-team competition.
• NEALE-WADE Community College’s Year 7 side came within two runs of winning the County Inter-Cricket finals.
The youngsters fell to a one-run defeat against Witchford in the final after beating Linton and Comberton.
The Year 8 team finished as runners-up, winning three of their four matches.
You may also want to watch:
The Year 7 girls also finished as runners-up, beating Parkside, Perse and Linton before losing narrowly in the final.
Captain Fran Plitsch led from the front with an outstanding performance for the combined Year 8 and 9 girls team. They beat Linton II, Parkside and Cromwell before being defeated by a strong Linton first team.
- 1 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 4 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 5 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 6 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 7 Heated dining pod and covered decking area at restaurant after garden makeover
- 8 Trades group hears of alarming rise in shop worker abuse amid Covid
- 9 Villagers stay strong to earn perfect post-lockdown record
- 10 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal
The school’s young cricketers are pictured at the tournament, which was held at Fenners, the home of Cambridge University Cricket Club.