Youth cricket: March Under-11s impress while Neale-Wade contest county finals
COACH Bill Adamson celebrated alongside his impressive March Town Cricket Club Under-11 side after a successful six-a-side tournament at Wimblington.
The young team, made up of Sam Green, Luke Thorne, Doug Furlong, Hana Howson, Brandon Pearce and Geoff Kirby, finished runners-up to Ely in the eight-team competition.
• NEALE-WADE Community College’s Year 7 side came within two runs of winning the County Inter-Cricket finals.
The youngsters fell to a one-run defeat against Witchford in the final after beating Linton and Comberton.
The Year 8 team finished as runners-up, winning three of their four matches.
You may also want to watch:
The Year 7 girls also finished as runners-up, beating Parkside, Perse and Linton before losing narrowly in the final.
Captain Fran Plitsch led from the front with an outstanding performance for the combined Year 8 and 9 girls team. They beat Linton II, Parkside and Cromwell before being defeated by a strong Linton first team.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
- 4 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 5 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 6 Dad has 'much more energy to run around' with son after losing four stone
- 7 MP wants an end to floods misery in the Fens
- 8 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 9 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 10 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
The school’s young cricketers are pictured at the tournament, which was held at Fenners, the home of Cambridge University Cricket Club.