Youth cricket round-up: Inspired Nulty hits brutal ton as March beat Wisbech in thriller
TEENAGER Toby Nulty hit a brutal century as March Under-15s won a thrilling derby against rivals Wisbech Under-15s.
The young all-rounder smashed 17 fours and four sixes in a superb knock of 113 not out and he was well supported by Jacob Burt (35 not out) as March posted 186-2 in their 20 overs.
Wisbech fell agonisingly short on 178-2, with captain Fergus Brown leading the way with 55 not out.
There were also good knocks from Taylor Fox (43 not out) and George Porter (39) but March held on for a well-earned victory in the Cambridgeshire Youth Cricket League.
• WISBECH Under-14s thumped Swaffham Under-14s by 74 runs in the West Norfolk Youth Cricket League.
Charlie Golding (49 not out) and Harry Johnson (40 not out) dominated the Swaffham bowling attack to help Wisbech post 148-3 in their 20 overs.
Oli Williams, Harry Clarke and Alex Drewery took two wickets apiece as Swaffham struggled to 74-6 in reply.
- 1 Arsonist firebombed GP surgery after doctors refused to give him heroin
- 2 Wembley debut 'a highlight of my career' for footballer Reece
- 3 March set to light a beacon for Platinum Jubilee
- 4 Drug-driver killed co-worker on B1101 Elm Road in March
- 5 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 6 Jon serves up a painting fit for Her Majesty
- 7 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 8 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
- 9 Herts man charged with alleged attempted robbery at village Co-op
- 10 Shoplifter, 33, who assaulted woman is on the run
Wisbech Under-13 also cruised to victory against Cottenham Under-13s. The youngsters posted an impressive 177 off their 20 overs and held Cottenham to 95-8 in reply.
It was not such good news for the club’s under-11s who fell to a seven-wicket defeat against Burwell Under-11s.