YOUTH FOOTBALL: March Soccer School under 18s clinch title with impressive seven-goal display
- Credit: Archant
March Soccer School under 18s have been crowned Peterborough & District Youth League Division Three champions after coming out on top in an enthralling nine-goal play-off last weekend.
The youngsters beat rivals Oakham United under 18s 7-2 after the sides finished their league campaigns with an identical points tally.
March Town starlet Toby Allen hit a brace and Rob Conyard, Luke Cable, Jacob Halls, Travis Hayes and Stefano Cavozzi got in on the goal-scoring act to round off a successful season in which they only tasted defeat once in their 13 matches.
Coaches, Chris Bird and Mass Cavozzi, said: “It has been a thoroughly rewarding season.
“Everyone at the club is extremely proud of the lads for their great sportsmanship and the quality of football that has been displayed.
“Many thanks to our sponsor, Microns Precision Engineering, for their support and generosity.”
March Soccer School U18 squad: Liam Monaghan, Will Curtis, Arran Wesley, Toby Allen, Jacob Halls, Tom Hinton, Mitchell Smith, Travis Hayes, Stef Cavozzi, Charlie Revell, Luke Cable, Kieran Neville, Rob Conyard, Ben Watson, James Monaghan, Kyle Bird.
- 1 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 2 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 3 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 4 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 5 Isabella, 10, impresses to win top prize ahead of Whittlesey Extravaganza
- 6 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 7 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 8 Leslie transforms his life thanks to remarkable weight loss
- 9 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 10 Four charged with modern slavery crimes on one woman