YOUTH FOOTBALL: March Soccer School under 18s clinch title with impressive seven-goal display
- Credit: Archant
March Soccer School under 18s have been crowned Peterborough & District Youth League Division Three champions after coming out on top in an enthralling nine-goal play-off last weekend.
The youngsters beat rivals Oakham United under 18s 7-2 after the sides finished their league campaigns with an identical points tally.
March Town starlet Toby Allen hit a brace and Rob Conyard, Luke Cable, Jacob Halls, Travis Hayes and Stefano Cavozzi got in on the goal-scoring act to round off a successful season in which they only tasted defeat once in their 13 matches.
Coaches, Chris Bird and Mass Cavozzi, said: “It has been a thoroughly rewarding season.
“Everyone at the club is extremely proud of the lads for their great sportsmanship and the quality of football that has been displayed.
You may also want to watch:
“Many thanks to our sponsor, Microns Precision Engineering, for their support and generosity.”
March Soccer School U18 squad: Liam Monaghan, Will Curtis, Arran Wesley, Toby Allen, Jacob Halls, Tom Hinton, Mitchell Smith, Travis Hayes, Stef Cavozzi, Charlie Revell, Luke Cable, Kieran Neville, Rob Conyard, Ben Watson, James Monaghan, Kyle Bird.
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 3 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 4 MP praises 'fantastic' vaccine team after having Covid-19 jab
- 5 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 6 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 7 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 8 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 9 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 10 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal