YOUTH FOOTBALL: March Soccer School under 18s clinch title with impressive seven-goal display
- Credit: Archant
March Soccer School under 18s have been crowned Peterborough & District Youth League Division Three champions after coming out on top in an enthralling nine-goal play-off last weekend.
The youngsters beat rivals Oakham United under 18s 7-2 after the sides finished their league campaigns with an identical points tally.
March Town starlet Toby Allen hit a brace and Rob Conyard, Luke Cable, Jacob Halls, Travis Hayes and Stefano Cavozzi got in on the goal-scoring act to round off a successful season in which they only tasted defeat once in their 13 matches.
Coaches, Chris Bird and Mass Cavozzi, said: “It has been a thoroughly rewarding season.
“Everyone at the club is extremely proud of the lads for their great sportsmanship and the quality of football that has been displayed.
You may also want to watch:
“Many thanks to our sponsor, Microns Precision Engineering, for their support and generosity.”
March Soccer School U18 squad: Liam Monaghan, Will Curtis, Arran Wesley, Toby Allen, Jacob Halls, Tom Hinton, Mitchell Smith, Travis Hayes, Stef Cavozzi, Charlie Revell, Luke Cable, Kieran Neville, Rob Conyard, Ben Watson, James Monaghan, Kyle Bird.
- 1 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 2 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 3 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 6 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 7 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 8 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?
- 9 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 10 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit