YOUTH FOOTBALL: Over 70 teams go head-to-head at March Rangers’ festival of football
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of football prospects from across the region descended on March last weekend for March Rangers’ annual tournament.
Over 70 teams took part in the six-a-side competition, with talents competing in under 7, 8, 9 and 10 age groups.
The youngest age group played non-competitive matches but the older groups went head-to-head in knockout groups, with Isleham winning the under 8 category, Pinchbeck clinching the under 9 title and Deeping taking the under 10 trophy.
Joanne Kent, who helped organise the tournament, said: “The tournament was once again hugely successful with many local companies kindly sponsoring the event and a team of volunteers comprising of players, parents and managers helping throughout the weekend.
“Feedback from manager and players that took part was extremely positive, with many saying how much they enjoyed playing a variety of different teams and they all loved the competitiveness that was shown.
“March Rangers would like to thank all those who sponsored and helped.”
- 1 Grandmother paralysed by Covid slowly improving, judge told
- 2 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 3 Whittlesey and March serve up cup thriller ahead of crucial weekend
- 4 Live music, over 100 stalls and fair rides as Christmas market returns
- 5 Thief will spend Christmas in prison after breaching court order
- 6 Drug dealers operating the ‘Marlo’ and ‘Star’ lines have been jailed
- 7 Staff threatened with sledgehammer in armed robbery at St Neots jewellers
- 8 Owner left excited as town's 'heirloom' features on I'm A Celebrity trial
- 9 Rail passengers urged to plan ahead of vital junction rebuild
- 10 Gill ready to 'give fans a show' amid European title frustration