YOUTH FOOTBALL: Over 70 teams go head-to-head at March Rangers’ festival of football
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of football prospects from across the region descended on March last weekend for March Rangers’ annual tournament.
Over 70 teams took part in the six-a-side competition, with talents competing in under 7, 8, 9 and 10 age groups.
The youngest age group played non-competitive matches but the older groups went head-to-head in knockout groups, with Isleham winning the under 8 category, Pinchbeck clinching the under 9 title and Deeping taking the under 10 trophy.
Joanne Kent, who helped organise the tournament, said: “The tournament was once again hugely successful with many local companies kindly sponsoring the event and a team of volunteers comprising of players, parents and managers helping throughout the weekend.
“Feedback from manager and players that took part was extremely positive, with many saying how much they enjoyed playing a variety of different teams and they all loved the competitiveness that was shown.
You may also want to watch:
“March Rangers would like to thank all those who sponsored and helped.”
- 1 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 4 All staff and residents at Chatteris care home now vaccinated against Covid
- 5 Council chief executive accused of 'indifference' over Covid-19 response
- 6 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs already this year
- 7 Green light for off-licence despite objections
- 8 MP wants an end to floods misery in the Fens
- 9 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 10 'Eccentric traveller' spotted riding vintage bicycle ahead of historic trip