YOUTH FOOTBALL: Over 70 teams go head-to-head at March Rangers’ festival of football
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of football prospects from across the region descended on March last weekend for March Rangers’ annual tournament.
Over 70 teams took part in the six-a-side competition, with talents competing in under 7, 8, 9 and 10 age groups.
The youngest age group played non-competitive matches but the older groups went head-to-head in knockout groups, with Isleham winning the under 8 category, Pinchbeck clinching the under 9 title and Deeping taking the under 10 trophy.
Joanne Kent, who helped organise the tournament, said: “The tournament was once again hugely successful with many local companies kindly sponsoring the event and a team of volunteers comprising of players, parents and managers helping throughout the weekend.
“Feedback from manager and players that took part was extremely positive, with many saying how much they enjoyed playing a variety of different teams and they all loved the competitiveness that was shown.
You may also want to watch:
“March Rangers would like to thank all those who sponsored and helped.”
- 1 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 2 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 3 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 4 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 6 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
- 7 Students dare to dream of England Lionesses spot after trial success
- 8 March lorry and cyclist collision: Eye-witness saw ‘boy laid in the road’
- 9 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 10 Man killed in Estover Road motorbike crash named by police