Youth hockey - Young guns
March Hockey Club under-11s put in a creditable performance at the Cambridgeshire Championships, in Ely, at the weekend. The young March team came up against more experienced sides but produced encouraging and enthusiastic performances to finish joint-fif
March Hockey Club under-11s put in a creditable performance at the Cambridgeshire Championships, in Ely, at the weekend.
The young March team came up against more experienced sides but produced encouraging and enthusiastic performances to finish joint-fifth.
The highlight for March came when they beat St Ives 2-0 thanks to goals from Thomas Seaton and Jacob Birt.
Jacob was on target again in the game against Peterborough but March lost 5-1. Thomas continued his goalscoring form when he hit the target against St Faith's, Cambridge, but the Cambridge team won 3-1.
You may also want to watch:
March drew 0-0 in their final game against Cambridge City to secure a good final placing.
- March under-11s showed their potential in finishing fifth in the Cambridgeshire Championships. Pictured are, back row, from left,: Jacob Birt, David Woods, Tony Cunnington, Grant McGarvie, Kieran Turner. Front row: Cameron McGarvie, Callum Turner, Lewis Welcher, Thomas Seaton.
- 1 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 2 Fire crews free driver trapped in overturned lorry
- 3 Cannabis worth over £656,000 uncovered in Fen village
- 4 14-year-old footballer's 'dream' comes true after securing England trial
- 5 Grandmother of drowning victim calls for Bawsey Pits closure
- 6 Fire crews and RSPCA rescue foal in danger of drowning
- 7 Man in court after more than £656k of cannabis seized
- 8 Floral tributes laid for man killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 9 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 10 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station