Youth hockey - Young guns
March Hockey Club under-11s put in a creditable performance at the Cambridgeshire Championships, in Ely, at the weekend. The young March team came up against more experienced sides but produced encouraging and enthusiastic performances to finish joint-fif
March Hockey Club under-11s put in a creditable performance at the Cambridgeshire Championships, in Ely, at the weekend.
The young March team came up against more experienced sides but produced encouraging and enthusiastic performances to finish joint-fifth.
The highlight for March came when they beat St Ives 2-0 thanks to goals from Thomas Seaton and Jacob Birt.
Jacob was on target again in the game against Peterborough but March lost 5-1. Thomas continued his goalscoring form when he hit the target against St Faith's, Cambridge, but the Cambridge team won 3-1.
You may also want to watch:
March drew 0-0 in their final game against Cambridge City to secure a good final placing.
- March under-11s showed their potential in finishing fifth in the Cambridgeshire Championships. Pictured are, back row, from left,: Jacob Birt, David Woods, Tony Cunnington, Grant McGarvie, Kieran Turner. Front row: Cameron McGarvie, Callum Turner, Lewis Welcher, Thomas Seaton.
- 1 Woman killed and four hospitalised after crash
- 2 The Great British Sunday is a rush to the pumps not the piers
- 3 Pair questioned amid probe into catalytic converter thefts
- 4 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 5 Man arrested after suspected drink or drug-fuelled A141 crash
- 6 'Emotional' quartet complete 10k for villager Paul
- 7 Youth with 'police style baton' caught out by CCTV
- 8 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 9 Ledger discovery affords a glimpse of Victorian travel
- 10 Victim left with serious injuries after McDonald's car park attack