Youth hockey - Young guns
March Hockey Club under-11s put in a creditable performance at the Cambridgeshire Championships, in Ely, at the weekend. The young March team came up against more experienced sides but produced encouraging and enthusiastic performances to finish joint-fif
March Hockey Club under-11s put in a creditable performance at the Cambridgeshire Championships, in Ely, at the weekend.
The young March team came up against more experienced sides but produced encouraging and enthusiastic performances to finish joint-fifth.
The highlight for March came when they beat St Ives 2-0 thanks to goals from Thomas Seaton and Jacob Birt.
Jacob was on target again in the game against Peterborough but March lost 5-1. Thomas continued his goalscoring form when he hit the target against St Faith's, Cambridge, but the Cambridge team won 3-1.
You may also want to watch:
March drew 0-0 in their final game against Cambridge City to secure a good final placing.
- March under-11s showed their potential in finishing fifth in the Cambridgeshire Championships. Pictured are, back row, from left,: Jacob Birt, David Woods, Tony Cunnington, Grant McGarvie, Kieran Turner. Front row: Cameron McGarvie, Callum Turner, Lewis Welcher, Thomas Seaton.
- 1 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 2 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 3 Man who died in road crash is named
- 4 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 5 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 6 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 7 Wright hopes overseas ace's return boosts March Town play-off hopes
- 8 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 9 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 10 MP praises 'fantastic' vaccine team after having Covid-19 jab