10 things to do in Fenland on bank holiday weekend
- Credit: Archant
Here are 10 suggestions for how to spend your bank holiday weekend close to home.
1. Fenland Country Fair at Stow Cum Quay
9am to 5pm all bank holiday weekend. Adults £10, under-11s free, dogs welcome.
See a traditional country fair including a dog agility contest, a wide range of stalls and games and vintage cars.
2. Clare Antiques Fair at Clare Town Hall
From 9.30am on August 25 see some antiques dating as far back as the 17th century.
3. Wetland Safari at the Welney Wetland Centre
- 1 Thousands descend on Chatteris as town lights up for Christmas
- 2 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 3 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 4 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 5 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council
- 6 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 7 Check before you travel ahead of major upgrade, commuters warned
- 8 Health chiefs call for action amid rise in sexually transmitted infections
- 9 ‘We try to think outside the box’ - Alpacas pay a visit to care home
- 10 Young man dies on B645 near St Neots following a head-on crash
On August 26 from 10am till 4pm see some of the rare wildlife of Fenland.
4. Pigeons Farm at Thorney.
Open from 10am-5pm, its a children friendly farm full of animal fun, where your children can learn about all the animals.
5. Ferry Meadows
There is loads to do from going on the lake to having a nice game of rounders.
6. Wicken Fen
Open from 10am to 5pm, see the beauties of the oldest nature reserve including birds along the grass droves.
7. Church Farm, Stow Bardolph
Open from 10am to 5pm, see pigs, sheep and other animals as well as play in the indoor tree house play area.
8. Ely Markets Weekend
August 24-25 in Ely from 10am to 4pm. Try a wide range of food and drink.
9. Grafham Water Centre
A great place to go to do all sorts of watersports or just to do some family activities.
10 Anglesey Abbey
A historic house where you can take walks around the garden, while the children go around the wildlife discovery area and build dens.