10 things to do in Fenland on bank holiday weekend
- Credit: Archant
Here are 10 suggestions for how to spend your bank holiday weekend close to home.
1. Fenland Country Fair at Stow Cum Quay
9am to 5pm all bank holiday weekend. Adults £10, under-11s free, dogs welcome.
See a traditional country fair including a dog agility contest, a wide range of stalls and games and vintage cars.
2. Clare Antiques Fair at Clare Town Hall
You may also want to watch:
From 9.30am on August 25 see some antiques dating as far back as the 17th century.
3. Wetland Safari at the Welney Wetland Centre
- 1 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 2 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 3 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 4 'Not a sprint, a marathon' cautions NHS staff in the Fens
- 5 Crossing company praised for using local workers and suppliers
- 6 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?
- 7 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 8 Suspected hare coursers get 4x4 stuck after crashing nose first in ditch
- 9 Shoplifter jailed after stealing goods worth £1,600
- 10 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
On August 26 from 10am till 4pm see some of the rare wildlife of Fenland.
4. Pigeons Farm at Thorney.
Open from 10am-5pm, its a children friendly farm full of animal fun, where your children can learn about all the animals.
5. Ferry Meadows
There is loads to do from going on the lake to having a nice game of rounders.
6. Wicken Fen
Open from 10am to 5pm, see the beauties of the oldest nature reserve including birds along the grass droves.
7. Church Farm, Stow Bardolph
Open from 10am to 5pm, see pigs, sheep and other animals as well as play in the indoor tree house play area.
8. Ely Markets Weekend
August 24-25 in Ely from 10am to 4pm. Try a wide range of food and drink.
9. Grafham Water Centre
A great place to go to do all sorts of watersports or just to do some family activities.
10 Anglesey Abbey
A historic house where you can take walks around the garden, while the children go around the wildlife discovery area and build dens.