4 Girls 4 Harps at St Mary’s Church, Burwell
- Credit: Archant
The world’s leading harp quartet, 4 Girls 4 Harps will be performing in St Mary’s Church at Burwell on November 23, as part of the Music in Quiet Places series.
The group has performed everywhere from King’s Place, in London and St George’s in Bristol to the far reaches of rural North Wales.
Group founder Harriet Adie said: “ Our music has been broadcast on BBC Radios 2 and 3 and Classic FM, where our debut CD was David Mellor’s album of the week. We have also been heard across the globe as far afield as Canada and Australia
“This will be our first visit to Cambridgeshire, and we are very much looking forward to performing. The concert will also feature a few highlights from our forthcoming Christmas CD, launched this December amidst an action-packed 12 date concert tour of the UK.”
The amazing sound of four harps playing together is guaranteed to make an impact with audiences young and old. The concert will include music by Handel and Fauré, a Celtic Medley, Manuela De Falla’s Spanish Dances and Piazzolla’s Milonga del Angel and Libertango.
Tickets for the concert, which starts at 7.30pm, cost £15, £13 concessions and £6 for children and students. Book via the Cambridge Corn Exchange box office online or by telephone: 01223 357851
- 1 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 2 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 3 Live music, over 100 stalls and fair rides as Christmas market returns
- 4 Thief will spend Christmas in prison after breaching court order
- 5 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 6 Owner left excited as town's 'heirloom' features on I'm A Celebrity trial
- 7 Horse rider injured in crash on Ramsey Road in Warboys
- 8 Wenny Meadow home to rare 'false scorpions', says hidden report
- 9 Motorbike set on fire in arson attack
- 10 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns