4 Girls 4 Harps at St Mary’s Church, Burwell
- Credit: Archant
The world’s leading harp quartet, 4 Girls 4 Harps will be performing in St Mary’s Church at Burwell on November 23, as part of the Music in Quiet Places series.
The group has performed everywhere from King’s Place, in London and St George’s in Bristol to the far reaches of rural North Wales.
Group founder Harriet Adie said: “ Our music has been broadcast on BBC Radios 2 and 3 and Classic FM, where our debut CD was David Mellor’s album of the week. We have also been heard across the globe as far afield as Canada and Australia
“This will be our first visit to Cambridgeshire, and we are very much looking forward to performing. The concert will also feature a few highlights from our forthcoming Christmas CD, launched this December amidst an action-packed 12 date concert tour of the UK.”
The amazing sound of four harps playing together is guaranteed to make an impact with audiences young and old. The concert will include music by Handel and Fauré, a Celtic Medley, Manuela De Falla’s Spanish Dances and Piazzolla’s Milonga del Angel and Libertango.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for the concert, which starts at 7.30pm, cost £15, £13 concessions and £6 for children and students. Book via the Cambridge Corn Exchange box office online or by telephone: 01223 357851
- 1 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 2 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 3 March Town mark long-awaited step five return with opening day defeat
- 4 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 5 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 6 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 7 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 8 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 9 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 10 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile