48th Gorefield Show set to be bigger and better than ever
AFTER 48 successful and exciting years, this year’s Gorefield show promises to be bigger and better than ever.
Tomorrow’s show kicks of at 8am with the much expanded pony show, now a qualifier for BSPS and PUK.
The ponies are closely followed by their larger relatives, the heavy horses. Shires, Percherons and Suffolk Punch will be exhibited in the main ring from 9.30am.
At 12.30pm there will be a short display of carriage driving in the main ring before the carriages set off for their tour around the village. They will re-enter the ring to be judged at 2.00pm.
Whilst they tour the village there will be a display of vintage tractors and at 1.30pm is a couple of novelty dog classes. The dog show has, however, been cancelled due to a lack of space.
You may also want to watch:
Jo Mitchell, secretary of Gorefield Show Committee, said: “The committee felt it would be fun to invite anyone on the field and their furry friend to enter a novelty class in the main ring.
“The dogs will be judged on the waggiest tail, the best six legs and the dog which most looks like his owner. This will be free to enter as it will be part of the entertainment.”
- 1 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 2 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 3 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 4 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 5 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 6 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 7 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 8 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s
- 9 Lorry driver loses control on motorway in booze-fuelled collision
- 10 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
There will also be a falconry display with Mike Willis, a wide range of side shows and country stalls, a bouncy castle, swing boats, a teacup ride and athletic competitions.
Admission costs �3 for adults or �2 children and concessions. A free car park is available opposite the showground.