48th Gorefield Show set to be bigger and better than ever
AFTER 48 successful and exciting years, this year’s Gorefield show promises to be bigger and better than ever.
Tomorrow’s show kicks of at 8am with the much expanded pony show, now a qualifier for BSPS and PUK.
The ponies are closely followed by their larger relatives, the heavy horses. Shires, Percherons and Suffolk Punch will be exhibited in the main ring from 9.30am.
At 12.30pm there will be a short display of carriage driving in the main ring before the carriages set off for their tour around the village. They will re-enter the ring to be judged at 2.00pm.
Whilst they tour the village there will be a display of vintage tractors and at 1.30pm is a couple of novelty dog classes. The dog show has, however, been cancelled due to a lack of space.
Jo Mitchell, secretary of Gorefield Show Committee, said: “The committee felt it would be fun to invite anyone on the field and their furry friend to enter a novelty class in the main ring.
“The dogs will be judged on the waggiest tail, the best six legs and the dog which most looks like his owner. This will be free to enter as it will be part of the entertainment.”
- 1 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 2 Two escape unhurt after car plunges into river
- 3 Café holds 'heavy heart' as it announces closure
- 4 Family run tea room closes after 10 years in business
- 5 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 6 Bungalow fire in town was ‘accidental’
- 7 Cigarette butt in stolen car puts burglar behind bars
- 8 ‘She’s always smiling’ - Connie marks 100th birthday
- 9 Last gasp equaliser saves March Town blushes on derby day
- 10 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
There will also be a falconry display with Mike Willis, a wide range of side shows and country stalls, a bouncy castle, swing boats, a teacup ride and athletic competitions.
Admission costs �3 for adults or �2 children and concessions. A free car park is available opposite the showground.