A 1940s Evening to be held by March and District Amateur Operatic Society at Oliver Cromwell Hotel
- Credit: Archant
Celebrate the end of the Second World War when March and District Amateur Operatic Society holds A 1940s Evening at the Oliver Cromwell Hotel.
Society members will perform a two-act concert featuring popular 1940s songs to commemorate the 70th anniversary of the end of the war.
A two-course meal will also be served to guests at the concert, at the Oliver Cromwell Hotel on Saturday, September 12. It starts at 7.30pm.
Songs will be performed by many of the cast who performed in the society’s 2010 production of Pack Up Your Troubles. It featured a selection of songs from the 1940s – with some lively comedy and sketches - and captured the determination, fighting spirit, community spirit and courage of the wartime years.
Tickets are on sale for A 1940s Evening from the Oliver Cromwell Hotel on 01354 602890 or from Optima Estate Agents on 01354 652488.
• The society is also busy preparing for this year’s pantomime, Dick Whittington and his Cat.
Read-throughs, for anyone aged over 16, take place at March Community Centre on September 1 and September 3, from 7.30pm.
- 1 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 2 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 3 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 4 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 5 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 6 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 7 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 8 Isabella, 10, impresses to win top prize ahead of Whittlesey Extravaganza
- 9 Could you give these pets a home?
- 10 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
The pantomime runs from January 1-3 and tickets can be reserved now.
For more information, or to reserve tickets, contact Francis Pepper on 01354 656498 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org