A Mad World set for Arts Theatre run
- Credit: Archant
English Touring Theatre are returning to Cambridge Arts Theatre with the Royal Shakespeare Company production of Thomas Middleton’s, A Mad World My Masters.
A cast of 19 performs Sean Foley’s uproarious update in Cambridge from April 21-25. The show runs nightly at 7.45pm with a 2.30pm matinee on April 25.
Featuring a live 1950s-style band and a post-war setting, the production remains true to the bawdy spirit and comedic brilliance of the Jacobean original.
London’s Soho, 1956. Here, glamour rubs up against filth, and it likes it. The posh mix with musicians, whores and racketeers; virginity is ‘no city trade’, and the dashingly cash strapped bachelor, Richard Follywit, in pursuit of quick cash and a good time, has to live on his wits.
Edited and directed by Sean Foley, A Mad World My Masters is currently on a second national tour after a critically acclaimed run in 2013, starring Royal Shakespeare Company regulars Joe Bannister and Ellie Beavan.
You may also want to watch:
For tickets, visit www.cambridgeartstheatre.com or call 01223 503333.
- 1 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 2 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 3 March Town mark long-awaited step five return with opening day defeat
- 4 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 5 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 6 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 7 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 8 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 9 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 10 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park