A Mad World set for Arts Theatre run
- Credit: Archant
English Touring Theatre are returning to Cambridge Arts Theatre with the Royal Shakespeare Company production of Thomas Middleton’s, A Mad World My Masters.
A cast of 19 performs Sean Foley’s uproarious update in Cambridge from April 21-25. The show runs nightly at 7.45pm with a 2.30pm matinee on April 25.
Featuring a live 1950s-style band and a post-war setting, the production remains true to the bawdy spirit and comedic brilliance of the Jacobean original.
London’s Soho, 1956. Here, glamour rubs up against filth, and it likes it. The posh mix with musicians, whores and racketeers; virginity is ‘no city trade’, and the dashingly cash strapped bachelor, Richard Follywit, in pursuit of quick cash and a good time, has to live on his wits.
Edited and directed by Sean Foley, A Mad World My Masters is currently on a second national tour after a critically acclaimed run in 2013, starring Royal Shakespeare Company regulars Joe Bannister and Ellie Beavan.
You may also want to watch:
For tickets, visit www.cambridgeartstheatre.com or call 01223 503333.
- 1 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s
- 2 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 3 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 4 Firefighters attempted to resuscitate suspected murder victim
- 5 Commuter chaos as van blaze causes miles of congestion
- 6 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 7 Suspected drink lorry driver threw whiskey and wine bottle from cab
- 8 Count admits he 'must carry personally' some blame for losses
- 9 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s