A-maize-ing sweetcorn eating championships on Bank Holiday Monday at Skylark in Wimblington
- Credit: Terry Harris Photography
Get your teeth into a healthy challenge when the annual Sweetcorn Eating Championships come to Skylark Maize Maze on Bank Holiday Monday (29).
The competition begins at 11am with the winners announced at 1pm.
Skylark owner Edward Gowler said: “The championships are a celebration of the plant the maze is made from, corn or maize.
“Whoever can eat the most corn on the cobs in three minutes will be crowned champion and take the corn trophy and £100 cash prize.
“There will also be a children’s category.”
You may also want to watch:
BBC Radio Cambridgeshire presenter Johnny Dee will be comparing the event. Entry is free to visitors to Skylark Maize Maze.
- 1 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 2 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 3 Suspected arsonist charged after health centre fire
- 4 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 5 Town buzzing with buses - for one day only
- 6 CCTV released after shopkeeper assaulted in robbery
- 7 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 8 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 9 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
- 10 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000