A-maize-ing sweetcorn eating championships on Bank Holiday Monday at Skylark in Wimblington
- Credit: Terry Harris Photography
Get your teeth into a healthy challenge when the annual Sweetcorn Eating Championships come to Skylark Maize Maze on Bank Holiday Monday (29).
The competition begins at 11am with the winners announced at 1pm.
Skylark owner Edward Gowler said: “The championships are a celebration of the plant the maze is made from, corn or maize.
“Whoever can eat the most corn on the cobs in three minutes will be crowned champion and take the corn trophy and £100 cash prize.
“There will also be a children’s category.”
You may also want to watch:
BBC Radio Cambridgeshire presenter Johnny Dee will be comparing the event. Entry is free to visitors to Skylark Maize Maze.
- 1 Connor tops poll as Tories retained Fenland dominance on county council
- 2 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 3 Election 2021: Wisbech West tops poll for lowest turnout
- 4 Death crash driver who fled is jailed
- 5 New £1.5million Co-op store opens its doors – creating 12 local jobs
- 6 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 7 Election 2021: Tories win Whittlesey by-elections
- 8 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 9 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 10 Wimblington murder probe: first photo of victim