A-maize-ing sweetcorn eating championships on Bank Holiday Monday at Skylark in Wimblington
- Credit: Terry Harris Photography
Get your teeth into a healthy challenge when the annual Sweetcorn Eating Championships come to Skylark Maize Maze on Bank Holiday Monday (29).
The competition begins at 11am with the winners announced at 1pm.
Skylark owner Edward Gowler said: “The championships are a celebration of the plant the maze is made from, corn or maize.
“Whoever can eat the most corn on the cobs in three minutes will be crowned champion and take the corn trophy and £100 cash prize.
“There will also be a children’s category.”
You may also want to watch:
BBC Radio Cambridgeshire presenter Johnny Dee will be comparing the event. Entry is free to visitors to Skylark Maize Maze.
- 1 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 4 All staff and residents at Chatteris care home now vaccinated against Covid
- 5 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs already this year
- 6 Council chief executive accused of 'indifference' over Covid-19 response
- 7 Green light for off-licence despite objections
- 8 'Eccentric traveller' spotted riding vintage bicycle ahead of historic trip
- 9 MP wants an end to floods misery in the Fens
- 10 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence