A night of funk and soul with DJ Craig Charles at Cambridge Junction
- Credit: Archant
From Red Dwarf to Coronation Street and a prime time slot on Radio 6, DJ Craig Charles has had a diverse career, but through it all one thing has remained constant - wherever he goes a broad grin is not far behind.
The funk and soul DJ will be in Cambridge next month when he hits the Junction with his own brand of happy tunes for a night of dancing.
The actor and radio presenter will be at the decks belting out funk, soul and R&B tracks on Saturday February 5 from 10pm until 2am,
In the 10 years since joining Radio 6, he has built a big reputation as a DJ and boasts a career full of interesting off shoots including Robot Wars, in which he enthused wildly about wonky homemade robots and Takeshi’s Castle, in which he enthused wildly (you might spot a theme here) about Japanese gameshow contestants taking part in crazy challenges, like dressing up as birds and dangling on high wire ropes while getting pelted with footballs.
Having seen him live it’s fair to say the enthusing wildly theme will be brought to the decks at the Junction and create a whirling dervish of a dance floor - beware of disco injuries - it’s a night not to be missed.
Tickets are £16 in advance and is an over 18s night only.
- 1 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 2 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 3 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 4 Thousands descend on Chatteris as town lights up for Christmas
- 5 Village life, magistrate in court for failing to clear snow and forced landing
- 6 Motorcyclist, 32, injured after A605 crash
- 7 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 8 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council
- 9 Police shut off A605 after 'single vehicle' crash
- 10 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer