A night of funk and soul with DJ Craig Charles at Cambridge Junction
- Credit: Archant
From Red Dwarf to Coronation Street and a prime time slot on Radio 6, DJ Craig Charles has had a diverse career, but through it all one thing has remained constant - wherever he goes a broad grin is not far behind.
The funk and soul DJ will be in Cambridge next month when he hits the Junction with his own brand of happy tunes for a night of dancing.
The actor and radio presenter will be at the decks belting out funk, soul and R&B tracks on Saturday February 5 from 10pm until 2am,
In the 10 years since joining Radio 6, he has built a big reputation as a DJ and boasts a career full of interesting off shoots including Robot Wars, in which he enthused wildly about wonky homemade robots and Takeshi’s Castle, in which he enthused wildly (you might spot a theme here) about Japanese gameshow contestants taking part in crazy challenges, like dressing up as birds and dangling on high wire ropes while getting pelted with footballs.
Having seen him live it’s fair to say the enthusing wildly theme will be brought to the decks at the Junction and create a whirling dervish of a dance floor - beware of disco injuries - it’s a night not to be missed.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are £16 in advance and is an over 18s night only.
- 1 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 4 All staff and residents at Chatteris care home now vaccinated against Covid
- 5 Council chief executive accused of 'indifference' over Covid-19 response
- 6 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs already this year
- 7 Green light for off-licence despite objections
- 8 MP wants an end to floods misery in the Fens
- 9 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 10 'Eccentric traveller' spotted riding vintage bicycle ahead of historic trip