A Victorian Christmas at Peckover House, Wisbech, with five-day festival
FINAL touches are being made to festival displays around Peckover House in Wisbech as it prepares for a Victorian Christmas.
The Christmas festival at the National Trust-owned house in North Brink will be open for five days this year following the success of last year’s event. The festival runs from December 10-14 and the house will be open from noon-7pm daily (last admission 6.30pm).
Festive floral arrangements, Christmas trees and a distinctive Victorian flavour will fill the house, while mulled wine and home-made mince pies will be available.
Music performed by Fenland choirs and musicians will enhance the atmosphere, bringing a restful and harmonious feel to those hectic days leading up to� Christmas.
Among the musical entertainment, Wisbech Grammar School will performing on December 10, the Clarkson Singers on December 11 and the Breakout Choir on December 12.
You may also want to watch:
Entrance to the house during these five days will be �3 for adults, �1 for children.
On December 12 there will also be “A Victorian Christmas”, an ever popular readings of Christmas poems and prose, by Geoff Hales of the Travelling Theatre.
- 1 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 2 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 3 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 4 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 5 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 6 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 7 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 8 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s
- 9 Lorry driver loses control on motorway in booze-fuelled collision
- 10 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
Tickets for this event, which starts at 7.30pm, will be �10 including refreshments.
For details and tickets contact Peckover House on 01945 583463.