A Victorian Christmas at Peckover House, Wisbech, with five-day festival
FINAL touches are being made to festival displays around Peckover House in Wisbech as it prepares for a Victorian Christmas.
The Christmas festival at the National Trust-owned house in North Brink will be open for five days this year following the success of last year’s event. The festival runs from December 10-14 and the house will be open from noon-7pm daily (last admission 6.30pm).
Festive floral arrangements, Christmas trees and a distinctive Victorian flavour will fill the house, while mulled wine and home-made mince pies will be available.
Music performed by Fenland choirs and musicians will enhance the atmosphere, bringing a restful and harmonious feel to those hectic days leading up to� Christmas.
Among the musical entertainment, Wisbech Grammar School will performing on December 10, the Clarkson Singers on December 11 and the Breakout Choir on December 12.
Entrance to the house during these five days will be �3 for adults, �1 for children.
On December 12 there will also be “A Victorian Christmas”, an ever popular readings of Christmas poems and prose, by Geoff Hales of the Travelling Theatre.
- 1 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 2 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?
- 3 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 4 Motorcyclist, 32, injured after A605 crash
- 5 Convenience store transformed thanks to £116k facelift
- 6 ‘We try to think outside the box’ - Alpacas pay a visit to care home
- 7 WATCH: Extinction Rebellion block Amazon warehouse
- 8 Best Indian in CAMBRIDGESHIRE even though award says best in NORFOLK
- 9 Police shut off A605 after 'single vehicle' crash
- 10 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall
Tickets for this event, which starts at 7.30pm, will be �10 including refreshments.
For details and tickets contact Peckover House on 01945 583463.