A Victorian Christmas at Peckover House, Wisbech, with five-day festival
FINAL touches are being made to festival displays around Peckover House in Wisbech as it prepares for a Victorian Christmas.
The Christmas festival at the National Trust-owned house in North Brink will be open for five days this year following the success of last year’s event. The festival runs from December 10-14 and the house will be open from noon-7pm daily (last admission 6.30pm).
Festive floral arrangements, Christmas trees and a distinctive Victorian flavour will fill the house, while mulled wine and home-made mince pies will be available.
Music performed by Fenland choirs and musicians will enhance the atmosphere, bringing a restful and harmonious feel to those hectic days leading up to� Christmas.
Among the musical entertainment, Wisbech Grammar School will performing on December 10, the Clarkson Singers on December 11 and the Breakout Choir on December 12.
You may also want to watch:
Entrance to the house during these five days will be �3 for adults, �1 for children.
On December 12 there will also be “A Victorian Christmas”, an ever popular readings of Christmas poems and prose, by Geoff Hales of the Travelling Theatre.
- 1 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 2 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 3 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 4 'Not a sprint, a marathon' cautions NHS staff in the Fens
- 5 Shoplifter jailed after stealing goods worth £1,600
- 6 Crossing company praised for using local workers and suppliers
- 7 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?
- 8 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 9 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 10 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
Tickets for this event, which starts at 7.30pm, will be �10 including refreshments.
For details and tickets contact Peckover House on 01945 583463.