A warm welcome on offer at Sutton church’s first winter beer festival
- Credit: Archant
Sutton church is about to stage its first winter beer festival, with a warm welcome on offer, along with real ales, live music, hot food and family entertainment.
The festival - which is open on November 15 and 16 - has 12 real ales on offer along with local ciders, wine and soft drinks.
Music on Friday comes from The Strays, a classic pub rock band that plays a wide range of covers from the Beatles, Rolling Stones, the Stereophonics and Bob Marley.
The tempo changes on Saturday afternoon, when a family session from 12noon to 5pm will include a bouncy castle and face painting for young visitors, as well as hot food on offer.
Saturday’s evening session fruns from 5pm to 10.30pm, with music from Moon After Sundown. This female-fronted, rock and pop band says its diverse sets consist of classic rock anthems, modern indie hits, and rocked-up pop hits. Their current set list includes Kings of Leon, Bon Jovi, Thin Lizzy, The Animals, Christina Aguilera, Guns n Roses and Katy Perry.
You may also want to watch:
Beers on offer include San Jacinto and Papa Steve from Bexar County brewery; Sauvignon Blonde and Carpenter’s Cask from Crafty Beers, and Fog on the Tyne from Northumberland Brewery.
Entry for evening sessions costs £3, and £1.50 for designated drivers. Commemorative festival glasses cost £2.
- 1 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 2 Neighbours want council to call time on off-licence
- 3 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 4 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 5 Fishing park owners await green light to open third lake
- 6 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 7 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 8 Ever get that sinking feeling?
- 9 Driver bids to drift towards fruitful career with national success
- 10 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager
For more information see Facebook.com/suttonbeerfestival