A warm welcome on offer at Sutton church’s first winter beer festival
- Credit: Archant
Sutton church is about to stage its first winter beer festival, with a warm welcome on offer, along with real ales, live music, hot food and family entertainment.
The festival - which is open on November 15 and 16 - has 12 real ales on offer along with local ciders, wine and soft drinks.
Music on Friday comes from The Strays, a classic pub rock band that plays a wide range of covers from the Beatles, Rolling Stones, the Stereophonics and Bob Marley.
The tempo changes on Saturday afternoon, when a family session from 12noon to 5pm will include a bouncy castle and face painting for young visitors, as well as hot food on offer.
Saturday’s evening session fruns from 5pm to 10.30pm, with music from Moon After Sundown. This female-fronted, rock and pop band says its diverse sets consist of classic rock anthems, modern indie hits, and rocked-up pop hits. Their current set list includes Kings of Leon, Bon Jovi, Thin Lizzy, The Animals, Christina Aguilera, Guns n Roses and Katy Perry.
You may also want to watch:
Beers on offer include San Jacinto and Papa Steve from Bexar County brewery; Sauvignon Blonde and Carpenter’s Cask from Crafty Beers, and Fog on the Tyne from Northumberland Brewery.
Entry for evening sessions costs £3, and £1.50 for designated drivers. Commemorative festival glasses cost £2.
- 1 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 2 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 3 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 4 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 6 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
- 7 Students dare to dream of England Lionesses spot after trial success
- 8 March lorry and cyclist collision: Eye-witness saw ‘boy laid in the road’
- 9 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 10 Man killed in Estover Road motorbike crash named by police
For more information see Facebook.com/suttonbeerfestival