A Wild Goose Chase for Fenland village’s drama society as it prepares to stage first show
THERE’S going to be a Wild Goose Chase in Fenland as a village drama society holds its first show.
Leverington Amateur Dramatic Society holds its first show next week at St Peter’s Church Hall in Wisbech.
Wild Goose Chase follows Chester Dreadnought, who bluffs his way into the crumbling stately home of a strange but likeable aristocratic family.
A trigger-happy Lord suffering from hallucinations cannot keep at bay the enterprising pair of jewel thieves who are pursuing their loot - not to mention Chester - around the castle.
Suits of armour and shy policemen, mistaken identities and dotty servants all help to provide the variety of fare that goes to the making of the wild goose chase.
You may also want to watch:
Shows take place on Friday March 4 and Saturday March 5. Performances start at 7pm both nights.
Tickets cost �6 each (�3 each for under-16s) and are available from the Cat Haven in Wisbech Market Place or by calling 07533 351977. Tickets can be collected or delivered.
- 1 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 2 Work starts on £3.16m apprenticeship training school
- 3 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 4 Yard sale raises over £1,400 from second annual event
- 5 Theatre group stalwart steps down after nine years
- 6 'Panicked' dangerous driver apologises after 90mph police pursuit
- 7 Health chief’s stark warning: ‘The virus doesn’t care we changed the rules’
- 8 Medieval pottery unearthed at Cambs campsite
- 9 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 10 Residents make most of lockdown easing as Christmas comes early
Special deals are available for groups of six or more. Call 07533 351977 for details.
Tickets may also be available on the door, subject to availability.