A Wild Goose Chase for Fenland village’s drama society as it prepares to stage first show
THERE’S going to be a Wild Goose Chase in Fenland as a village drama society holds its first show.
Leverington Amateur Dramatic Society holds its first show next week at St Peter’s Church Hall in Wisbech.
Wild Goose Chase follows Chester Dreadnought, who bluffs his way into the crumbling stately home of a strange but likeable aristocratic family.
A trigger-happy Lord suffering from hallucinations cannot keep at bay the enterprising pair of jewel thieves who are pursuing their loot - not to mention Chester - around the castle.
Suits of armour and shy policemen, mistaken identities and dotty servants all help to provide the variety of fare that goes to the making of the wild goose chase.
Shows take place on Friday March 4 and Saturday March 5. Performances start at 7pm both nights.
Tickets cost �6 each (�3 each for under-16s) and are available from the Cat Haven in Wisbech Market Place or by calling 07533 351977. Tickets can be collected or delivered.
- 1 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 2 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 3 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 4 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 5 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 6 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 7 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 8 Rachael takes bronze at national hairdressing competition
- 9 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 10 Four charged with modern slavery crimes on one woman
Special deals are available for groups of six or more. Call 07533 351977 for details.
Tickets may also be available on the door, subject to availability.