Academy’s new theatre hall gets a resounding opening next month as it hosts RAF band
- Credit: Archant
TRUMPETERS from the RAF College band at Cranwell will sound a fanfare to mark the official opening of the new theatre at Thomas Clarkson Academy on Saturday March 16 at 7pm.
The official opening will be made by the Mayor of Wisbech, Councillor Vivian McRae and will be followed by a concert by the locally popular RAF Swing Wing band.
Clare Claxton, principal, said she was delighted that mayor has agreed to open theatre “as a local amenity for use by the local community.” The RAF Swing Wing is a 20-piece big band that plays in the style of the bands of the 40s, 50s and 60s. Their programme will include very popular numbers covering all swing band years, as well as later tunes bringing them right up to date.
All proceeds from the concert will be donated to the RAF Association Wings Appeal; a charitable appeal that helps in the welfare of both former members and current serving members of the RAF and their dependants
This concert will provide a unique opportunity to see and hear some of the best live music in Wisbech and at the same time being able to inspect and enjoy the Academy’s new facilities. All proceeds from the concert will go towards the RAF Association’s Wings Appeal.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are priced at £10 each and may be bought from Thomas Clarkson Academy, 01945 585237, Fotogenic in Hill Street, Wisbech or from Jan or Ray Hutchinson on 01945 584595.
For further information, contact Jan or Ray Hutchinson on 01945 584595.
- 1 New ditch to relieve flood issues 'more challenging than expected'
- 2 Woman claims police officer ‘forced himself’ upon her
- 3 Van overturns after striking Ely’s infamous ‘most bashed bridge’
- 4 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 5 'Harassment' forces village speedwatch team to close
- 6 BBC’s Johnny Dee all smiles at surprise market place birthday bash
- 7 'A crash waiting to happen' say police
- 8 Lorry driver makes a fundamental error at Fenland roundabout...
- 9 Tea rooms may become a bedsit
- 10 ‘Shift well spent!’: Fen Cops target illegal motorists in day of action