Academy’s new theatre hall gets a resounding opening next month as it hosts RAF band
- Credit: Archant
TRUMPETERS from the RAF College band at Cranwell will sound a fanfare to mark the official opening of the new theatre at Thomas Clarkson Academy on Saturday March 16 at 7pm.
The official opening will be made by the Mayor of Wisbech, Councillor Vivian McRae and will be followed by a concert by the locally popular RAF Swing Wing band.
Clare Claxton, principal, said she was delighted that mayor has agreed to open theatre “as a local amenity for use by the local community.” The RAF Swing Wing is a 20-piece big band that plays in the style of the bands of the 40s, 50s and 60s. Their programme will include very popular numbers covering all swing band years, as well as later tunes bringing them right up to date.
All proceeds from the concert will be donated to the RAF Association Wings Appeal; a charitable appeal that helps in the welfare of both former members and current serving members of the RAF and their dependants
This concert will provide a unique opportunity to see and hear some of the best live music in Wisbech and at the same time being able to inspect and enjoy the Academy’s new facilities. All proceeds from the concert will go towards the RAF Association’s Wings Appeal.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are priced at £10 each and may be bought from Thomas Clarkson Academy, 01945 585237, Fotogenic in Hill Street, Wisbech or from Jan or Ray Hutchinson on 01945 584595.
For further information, contact Jan or Ray Hutchinson on 01945 584595.
- 1 Jail for paedophile who booked hotel to abuse three children
- 2 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 3 Villagers team up to honour 'a real character'
- 4 Hunt is on to find stags that escaped from farm
- 5 Bomb scare was a 'hoax' say police
- 6 It's a family affair as planners consider five luxury homes
- 7 Police warn you may run but you can't hide from us
- 8 100mph, 20-minute police pursuit ends with a crash – and later with jail
- 9 'Marvellous' Lilian celebrates 103rd birthday
- 10 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled