Acclaimed musicians putting on free Wednesday lunchtime recitals at Peterborough Cathedral
- Credit: Archant
A series of free recitals involving acclaimed musicians are taking place in Peterborough Cathedral on Wednesday lunchtimes throughout the summer.
The first concert, a 45 minute performance by modern and baroque violinist Charlotte Fairbairn and pianist Matthew Schellhorn, takes place on Wednesday, July 16 at 1pm.
Both Charlotte and Matthew have performed on BBC Radio 3 and Matthew has been guest soloist at several international festivals, No tickets are needed and there is no charge, although donations will be welcome.
Wednesday recital schedule:
July 23 - The Aurelia Duo (Violin and Cello)
You may also want to watch:
July 30 - Francis Knights, Dan Tidhar and Chesterton Baroque (two Harpsichords and String Orchestra)
August 6 - Mike Waldron (Organ)
- 1 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 2 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 3 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 4 Rugby club fears vendetta after vandals strike again
- 5 'Big red key' used by cops in dawn raid on suspected drug dealers
- 6 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 7 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 8 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 9 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 10 Tributes to 'loving, kind family man' and community stalwart
August 13 - Roman Rudnytsky (Piano)
August 20 - Ivan Numerov (Violin)
August 27 - Amabile Ensemble (Voice, Violin, Piano)
September 3 - Natalia Williams-Wandoch (Piano)
For more details about the recitals, go to http://www.peterborough-cathedral.org.uk