Action packed weekend guaranteed at Chatteris Historic Festival
AN action packed weekend is in prospect when Chatteris Historic Festival takes over the town from June 25-27.
This year look out for the newly appointed Town Crier. James Carney kindly volunteered for the post and after being kitted out in a Town Crier costume, complete with a loud bell, he is now busy preparing his cry.
One of his main tasks will be to alert the crowds to this year’s festival parade which will make its way from the Church Lane car park through the centre of the town to the Furrowfields recreation ground show site at lunchtime on Saturday.
A number of groups, organisations and individuals have already said they will join in the fun but it is not too late to take part; for details contact Joanna Melton on 01354 695166 or email email@example.com Those taking part will enjoy free entry to the festival.
On Saturday and Sunday the festival will open from 10am and a full programme of entertainment is planned including performances, demonstrations and displays by the swords of Chivalry, Serpentyne musicians, Vikings, archers, the 13th Alabama Re-enactors, Emmarella Cheerleaders, LL Dance, the Knights of Shirbeck and Peterborough Highland Band.
There will also be fairground rides, attractions for children and plenty of refreshment opportunities. Entry to the event field is just 50p per person.
Volunteers willing to act as stewards during the weekend are eagerly sought and if you feel able to give up even just an hour or two please contact Joanna Melton.
- 1 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 2 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 3 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 4 Four charged with modern slavery crimes on one woman
- 5 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 6 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 7 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 8 Isabella, 10, impresses to win top prize ahead of Whittlesey Extravaganza
- 9 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 10 Man who died in St Neots crash is named