Agouti Rocks: Charity fund raising concert for new March skills centre
A ROCK concert is being staged in March next month, to raise money for the new Agouti Skills Centre in March.
The centre in Foundry Way is now a charity, set up to help pupils outside mainstream schooling.
Headlining the Agouti Rocks concert on Saturday December 1 will be the Cambridge based band Lost at Seven, which has been described as “a five piece alternative rock band that will grab you with their hard hitting guitar riffs and their powerful choruses filled with intense energy,”
Supporting the band will be Sinisthesia, and there will be another band on stage, along with a disco.
Tickets for the event that is being held at the Foundry Road premises cost �3 and are available from Agouti, Snow Mountain Enterprises in March, and the Oliver Cromwell Hotel in March. Doors open at 6pm.
Food and drink will be available, but no alcohol will be allowed.
Psychotherapist Kevin Ward is one of the people behind the setting up of Agouti. He said: “We want this to be an event for all ages and hope to make Agouti Rocks a regular event.
- 1 New dessert shop bids to become 'best in the area'
- 2 Family's tribute to 'son in a million' killed in motorbike crash
- 3 Two escape unhurt after car plunges into river
- 4 £4,000 raised for Natalie to live her dreams after cancer diagnosis
- 5 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 6 Covid-19 'virtual ward' will help patients recover at home
- 7 Family run tea room closes after 10 years in business
- 8 Café holds 'heavy heart' as it announces closure
- 9 Bungalow fire in town was ‘accidental’
- 10 Improve your selfies and photographs by joining new group
“We really want to become a venue for the community and provide a much needed environment where young people can enjoy themselves.”
Call 01354 662672 for more details.