Alan Norris Big Band to play at St Peter’s Church, March
- Credit: Archant
Renowned local musicians the Alan Norris Big Band will be performing in St. Peter’s Church at March on Friday December 6, at 7.30pm.
The band’s tastefully nostalgic repertoire features music from a selection of iconic composers and performers including Glen Miller, Count Basie, Buddy Rich, Frank Sinatra and the incomparable Ella Fitzgerald.
Consisting of four trumpets, four trombones, five saxophones, a piano, bass and drums, the Alan Norris Big Band is described as ‘the leading amateur big band in the Cambridgeshire-Fenland area’.
Formed 21 years ago, the Alan Norris Big Band has performed all over East Anglia and has played alongside musicians including the legendary Ted Heath and Stan Kenton bands.
Church fundraising manager Paul Roberts said; “St. Peter’s Church is delighted to welcome the Alan Norris Big Band. Old or young, you’re going to hear some very familiar tunes and be entertained by some great musicians.”
You may also want to watch:
Tickets cost £7.50 on the door.
For more information about St Peter’s Church, March, please go to http://stpeterschurchmarch.co.uk where information and contact details are available.
- 1 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 2 'Physically and mentally exhausted" Matt in plea to find missing beagle
- 3 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47
- 4 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 5 Council buys up 1,000 sandbags ahead of Storm Christoph
- 6 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
- 7 ‘Boris should try to fill in the forms if he thinks they’re so simple’
- 8 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 9 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 10 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer