Alan Norris Big Band to play at St Peter’s Church, March
- Credit: Archant
Renowned local musicians the Alan Norris Big Band will be performing in St. Peter’s Church at March on Friday December 6, at 7.30pm.
The band’s tastefully nostalgic repertoire features music from a selection of iconic composers and performers including Glen Miller, Count Basie, Buddy Rich, Frank Sinatra and the incomparable Ella Fitzgerald.
Consisting of four trumpets, four trombones, five saxophones, a piano, bass and drums, the Alan Norris Big Band is described as ‘the leading amateur big band in the Cambridgeshire-Fenland area’.
Formed 21 years ago, the Alan Norris Big Band has performed all over East Anglia and has played alongside musicians including the legendary Ted Heath and Stan Kenton bands.
Church fundraising manager Paul Roberts said; “St. Peter’s Church is delighted to welcome the Alan Norris Big Band. Old or young, you’re going to hear some very familiar tunes and be entertained by some great musicians.”
Tickets cost £7.50 on the door.
For more information about St Peter’s Church, March, please go to http://stpeterschurchmarch.co.uk where information and contact details are available.
- 1 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 2 Mini-convoy marks funeral of 'kind-hearted' lorry driver
- 3 Woman summonsed in connection with crash that killed five-month-old Louis Thorold
- 4 No balloons plea to death crash motorcycle tribute convoy
- 5 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 6 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 7 Inquest concludes 'quiet and happy' teenager took own life
- 8 Four doctors and a nurse off sick with Covid-19 at Fenland surgeries
- 9 Old Bailey trial begins of Rikki Neave murder suspect
- 10 Suspected poachers caught in farmyard raid as cops crackdown continues