Alan Norris Big Band to play at St Peter’s Church, March
- Credit: Archant
Renowned local musicians the Alan Norris Big Band will be performing in St. Peter’s Church at March on Friday December 6, at 7.30pm.
The band’s tastefully nostalgic repertoire features music from a selection of iconic composers and performers including Glen Miller, Count Basie, Buddy Rich, Frank Sinatra and the incomparable Ella Fitzgerald.
Consisting of four trumpets, four trombones, five saxophones, a piano, bass and drums, the Alan Norris Big Band is described as ‘the leading amateur big band in the Cambridgeshire-Fenland area’.
Formed 21 years ago, the Alan Norris Big Band has performed all over East Anglia and has played alongside musicians including the legendary Ted Heath and Stan Kenton bands.
Church fundraising manager Paul Roberts said; “St. Peter’s Church is delighted to welcome the Alan Norris Big Band. Old or young, you’re going to hear some very familiar tunes and be entertained by some great musicians.”
You may also want to watch:
Tickets cost £7.50 on the door.
For more information about St Peter’s Church, March, please go to http://stpeterschurchmarch.co.uk where information and contact details are available.
- 1 Jail for paedophile who booked hotel to abuse three children
- 2 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 3 Villagers team up to honour 'a real character'
- 4 Hunt is on to find stags that escaped from farm
- 5 Bomb scare was a 'hoax' say police
- 6 It's a family affair as planners consider five luxury homes
- 7 Police warn you may run but you can't hide from us
- 8 100mph, 20-minute police pursuit ends with a crash – and later with jail
- 9 'Marvellous' Lilian celebrates 103rd birthday
- 10 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled