Aled Jones makes his much awaited visit to perform in Ely Cathedral
- Credit: Archant
SINGER and TV presenter Aled Janes is making his much awaited visit to Ely Cathedral on April 16 to perform alongside the cathedral’s junior choir, Ely Imps, and the cathedral choristers.
Aled had originally been due to visit the cathedral last year, but his UK tour had to be re-arranged, after he took on the job of presenting the ITV morning show Daybreak.
Aled is Music Patron of Ely Cathedral, and said: “Ely and its cathedral have always been very special to me. I am thrilled to have the opportunity to perform there.”
Aled came into the public eye as the boy-star whose breath-taking performance of ‘Walking In The Air’ helped make the Raymond Briggs cartoon ‘The Snowman’ an annual Christmas favourite. He has continued to perform and record classical and choral music at the highest levels, and in 2004 he took part in the popular BBC show, Strictly Come Dancing.
Performing in cathedrals has been part of Aled’s life since his days in Bangor as a boy chorister. This tour sees Aled visit the length and breadth of the country including Durham, Exeter, Gloucester, Salisbury, Coventry and Norwich. Despite visiting many Cathedrals regularly on ‘Songs of Praise’, this is Aled’s first comprehensive live UK Cathedral tour.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “This UK tour is going to be very special to me as at each show either the Cathedral choir or local choirs from the area are going to take part making each occasion unique. I also can’t wait to perform all my favourite songs.”
Tickets £35, £29.50 available from Ely Cathedral Box Office, 01353 660349 (Mon-Sat 9.30am-4pm)
- 1 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 2 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 3 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 4 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 5 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 6 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 7 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 8 Alcohol licence objections over noise and disturbance concerns
- 9 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
- 10 Dad of two killed on Fen road