Aled Jones makes his much awaited visit to perform in Ely Cathedral
- Credit: Archant
SINGER and TV presenter Aled Janes is making his much awaited visit to Ely Cathedral on April 16 to perform alongside the cathedral’s junior choir, Ely Imps, and the cathedral choristers.
Aled had originally been due to visit the cathedral last year, but his UK tour had to be re-arranged, after he took on the job of presenting the ITV morning show Daybreak.
Aled is Music Patron of Ely Cathedral, and said: “Ely and its cathedral have always been very special to me. I am thrilled to have the opportunity to perform there.”
Aled came into the public eye as the boy-star whose breath-taking performance of ‘Walking In The Air’ helped make the Raymond Briggs cartoon ‘The Snowman’ an annual Christmas favourite. He has continued to perform and record classical and choral music at the highest levels, and in 2004 he took part in the popular BBC show, Strictly Come Dancing.
Performing in cathedrals has been part of Aled’s life since his days in Bangor as a boy chorister. This tour sees Aled visit the length and breadth of the country including Durham, Exeter, Gloucester, Salisbury, Coventry and Norwich. Despite visiting many Cathedrals regularly on ‘Songs of Praise’, this is Aled’s first comprehensive live UK Cathedral tour.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “This UK tour is going to be very special to me as at each show either the Cathedral choir or local choirs from the area are going to take part making each occasion unique. I also can’t wait to perform all my favourite songs.”
Tickets £35, £29.50 available from Ely Cathedral Box Office, 01353 660349 (Mon-Sat 9.30am-4pm)
- 1 CCTV released after shopkeeper assaulted in robbery
- 2 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 3 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 4 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 5 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 6 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 7 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 8 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 9 MP takes a tour of school’s £14m transformation
- 10 9 hidden gems of East Anglia by rail from Cambridgeshire