All aboard for a good time at the Haddenham Steam Rally
HADDENHAM Steam Rally, the traditional steam and country fair, will have something for everyone when it returns again from September 8-9.
Whether you are an avid steam enthusiast or just looking for a day out with the family, there is a range of activities for the family to enjoy.
There will be more than 600 exhibits from steam engines, vintage cars, stationary engines, vintage tractors and lorries to the old time fair which, organisers have announced, will again include Rules steam driven Gallopers.
Over the years, the rally has had some rare and famous exhibits visit including the Fowler SRL 15657 Iron Maiden as seen in the 1960s film of the same name, and the pair of Walsh & Clark Paraffin engines, usually found at the museum of East Anglian Life.
The rally also boasts more than 75 trade stands, a craft tent, a large selection of catering stands, bygones tent and a beer tent.
You may also want to watch:
The extremely popular heavy horse show will celebrate its 25th anniversary on September 9 with competitors coming from all over the country to compete.
A spokesman for the show said: “We pride ourselves on being a friendly and accessible rally. We have an event which we feel appeals to all. Each year we include a special display or guest.
- 1 Connor tops poll as Tories retained Fenland dominance on county council
- 2 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 3 Election 2021: Wisbech West tops poll for lowest turnout
- 4 New £1.5million Co-op store opens its doors – creating 12 local jobs
- 5 Death crash driver who fled is jailed
- 6 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 7 Election 2021: Tories win Whittlesey by-elections
- 8 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 9 Wimblington murder probe: first photo of victim
- 10 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
“The most memorable have been the west country folk legends the Wurzels playing live in 2008, and a special display of equipment, photographs and literature of the local firm Darby’s of Sutton in 2009.”
The Haddenham Steam Rally, which will be celebrating its 39th year in 2012, has continued to grow year on year through the hard work of its committee and volunteers.
The rally is committed to helping the local community and supports many of the village clubs and causes. The rally has also made many donations to major charitable organisations including the East Anglian Air Ambulance, the Make a Wish Foundation and the St John’s Ambulance.
Visit www.haddenhamsteamrally.co.uk for more information.